• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Particular A-2 fit

Jake431

If you're looking for square shoulders, trim arms and a collar stand, what contract are you looking for? I see some non-stand options (Broncos seem almost perfect in this regard), but nothing with a collar stand. Any contracts spring to mind?

ZuZu

If you're looking for square shoulders, trim arms and a collar stand, what contract are you looking for? I see some non-stand options (Broncos seem almost perfect in this regard), but nothing with a collar stand. Any contracts spring to mind?
You can get the trim arms and collar stand from many repro makers- but the WW2 square shoulders is another thing IMO. There's a secret to it and I don't think many makers now actually understand it or do it. That being said I don't think any particular contract from WW2 had non-square shoulders; in smaller sizes 38-42 most original contracts look square shouldered. The Star could actually have droopy shoulders; maybe some Aeros. Rough Wears are all over the place shoulder-wise- in poring over thousands of RW shoulders I've seen it all.

Your best bet would be to tell whoever you buy the jacket that you want square shoulders- if you can wait Good Wear is your best bet for what you want IMO.

mulceber

Cooper Sportswear has everything you noted. John makes a killer reproduction.
front_back_full.jpg

Brettafett

RWs are a boxy pattern, and fit all over the place, esp if you are trim/ slim you may need to do some tweaking to get it right.
In most cases, at the correct size, you'll find the shoulders drop a little (which is perfectly fine and authentic for this contract)
Arm holes can be trim for sure, but still comfy.
(My BK RW 23380 is one of the best fitting A-2s Ive ever owned)

Look at John's Dubow 20960, square shoulders and collar stand, this has a very sharp profile.

If you end up considering non-collar stand, then Monarch at the correct size can be athletic with square shoulders.

Be cautious with trim arms. Small arm holes can become uncomfortable, esp if you spend a lot of time with your arms elevated.
I used to be after this profile, but Dubows changed my mind. Square shoulders, slightly larger arm hole, makes for a very comfortable A-2.

A lot depends on the fit you go for. You can wear trim or 'classic', allowing some room to move.
And has been mentioned above, depends on the maker also.

blackrat2

You certainly don’t see many Coopers posted up, the GW site is initially very informative and gives a fit guide to each contract, from memory, so have a look there as a starter or maybe ping John an email and see what he suggests
GW have a huge range of jackets but a wait time, Eastman have some off the peg jackets so if you want a jacket fairly quickly would probably be the way to go
Depending what catches your eye on
the GW site you might be swayed to look at Platoons Dubow or if on a budget have a look at 5*

WingAndaPrayer

On the FiveStar issue, I’ve owned at least one of every original maker jacket they make, and the star is the most squared shoulder pattern of them all. I guess the caveat is your body shape. I’m a fairly big and square shaped guy to start with.

Jake431

Cooper Sportswear has everything you noted. John makes a killer reproduction.

Thanks Grant - can you drop a link from John's site? The Cooper isn't in the roster list I can see, nor can I find one on the sale page. Never thought I'd be getting back in, but you know how it goes. Still regret selling my RMNZ M-422a and RMJ Stagg.

mulceber

Thanks Grant - can you drop a link from John's site? The Cooper isn't in the roster list I can see, nor can I find one on the sale page. Never thought I'd be getting back in, but you know how it goes. Still regret selling my RMNZ M-422a and RMJ Stagg.
Yeah, he doesn't list it among his regular orders. But it's on the order form as an option. And you can always email him about it as well. https://goodwearleather.forms-db.com/view.php?id=10445
Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 12.24.36 PM.png