• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pappaw's jacket

Micawber

Only just seen this thread. That is a rare piece these days and the advice above is spot on IMHO. Looking forward to seeing the photos when I am on my laptop and not squinting at my phone!

Thanks for sharing.

abria13

Who are member who do
Restoration work on the East coast? Would love to get this to somewhat of its former glory

Dumpster D

Who are member who do
Restoration work on the East coast? Would love to get this to somewhat of its former glory

Honestly, It's in pretty mint shape...you would only have to do a tiny little repair to that one spot on the collar and call it good.

word to the wise, I wouldn't leave that jacket somewhere and turn your back on it for a new york minute...someone might like it more than you, if you know what I mean.

Wouldn't be the first time something like that just sprouted legs and walked off somewhere when someone took it in for 'restoration'

(Ask me how I know)

Just something to think about.

Strict rule with insanely rare/valuable vintage stuff applies here especially:

"Don't do any work to it, unless it's *absolutely* necessary."

-Angus Young's guitar tech.

Last edited: