• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painted B-6

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the post. Would make a good display jacket.

chamboid

What is it though. Not a b-6 zipped pockets make it more like a d-1 but deffinetly looks to be civilian made, British zips? Looks like a dot stopper, but can get clear enough view of the pullers themselves

joeson

Zippers look to be lightning.......I would guess this is a 1970's civilian jacket,British or Canadian.

dujardin

for me, the paint is in doubt

colour still too shiny, for the remainder of the well worn jacket

and the B-17 look to be airbrushed

by the way, was this method of airbrush already used in ww2 to paint the jacket ???? or the nose art on the plane????

a2jacketpatches

dujardin said:
for me, the paint is in doubt

colour still too shiny, for the remainder of the well worn jacket

and the B-17 look to be airbrushed

by the way, was this method of airbrush already used in ww2 to paint the jacket ???? or the nose art on the plane????

If a 70's civi jacket, it is what it is. But stencil and spray gun was used from time to time in WW2 to create insignia. I've seen USMC, USN, and USAAF Squadron patches done this way. Some very crude and some well thought out with multiple colors and registration marks. Spray guns were widely available and used in the 40's. As a matter of fact, airbrushes were being used in the 1800's. But relax airbrush critics, not say a period jacket was ever done with one.