• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painted A-2 Cost/Recommendations

Jennison

Hi: Being new with all this (and the Forum), I have no idea how much to expect to pay for nicely done artwork on the back of an A-2 and I'm hoping to get an idea. Trying to find such info online has proven surprisingly difficult. I'm looking to have a classic layout: Ship name across the top, pin-up in the middle and bombs on the bottom. I have the jacket. Also, I've been surfing for A-2 jacket artists online and keep coming up with the same two companies. I'd love to have some suggestions on good, reasonably priced US based artists. My apologies if this info is elsewhere in the Forum.

Thanks so much, Jennison

VeraVoulik

Hi: Being new with all this (and the Forum), I have no idea how much to expect to pay for nicely done artwork on the back of an A-2 and I'm hoping to get an idea. Trying to find such info online has proven surprisingly difficult. I'm looking to have a classic layout: Ship name across the top, pin-up in the middle and bombs on the bottom. I have the jacket. Also, I've been surfing for A-2 jacket artists online and keep coming up with the same two companies. I'd love to have some suggestions on good, reasonably priced US based artists. My apologies if this info is elsewhere in the Forum.

Thanks so much, Jennison
It will depend on the artist reputation, type of paint you want to be used: I use to paint with acrylics but some prefer to use enamels but 50% more expensive. Also, consider delay to make the artwork as some artists are divas with monthes waiting list.

Jennison

Thanks for pointing out that additional factor. While acrylics aren't period correct, I prefer them because of the durability over time.

mulceber

Jennison

Thanks very much. I've looked at and admired Vera's work very much, but the cost to ship the jacket to Europe and back isn't just an afterthought. The jacket would be for my 16 year old my nephew and would be done on my old and woefully incorrect Avirex A-2. It seems easier to find artists in the UK or the Continent (very good ones too) than it is in the US.

leper-colony

Thanks very much. I've looked at and admired Vera's work very much, but the cost to ship the jacket to Europe and back isn't just an afterthought. The jacket would be for my 16 year old my nephew and would be done on my old and woefully incorrect Avirex A-2. It seems easier to find artists in the UK or the Continent (very good ones too) than it is in the US.
UK based: https://www.facebook.com/A2painting

VeraVoulik

For US customers, I use to pay 3/4 of the return shipping to help about shipping prices increase. Most of time, my US customers buy the jacket in Europe and make it delivered to me to avoid taxes and I'll send them after painting.

flyincowboy

For US customers, I use to pay 3/4 of the return shipping to help about shipping prices increase. Most of time, my US customers buy the jacket in Europe and make it delivered to me to avoid taxes and I'll send them after pa

For US customers, I use to pay 3/4 of the return shipping to help about shipping prices increase. Most of time, my US customers buy the jacket in Europe and make it delivered to me to avoid taxes and I'll send them after painting.
Might be a good deal !