• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original XL Lion MA-1- Last attempt

Weasel_Loader

haha.gif
OUCH!!!

What can I say? Now's the time to buy vintage nylon I guess.
IDunno.gif

greyhound52

Danny is this the one I sold you? If it is that is a really nice jacket and you have don't a great job getting her combat ready. ;)

Weasel_Loader

greyhound52 said:
Danny is this the one I sold you? If it is that is a really nice jacket and you have don't a great job getting her combat ready. ;)

Sure is. The jackets sleeves were a little longer than I like. Length of jacket was perfect though. I removed the patches and name tag holder and added the decal. I also had the collar removed and reinstalled a little shorter. It had the Elvis collar going. I find replacement collar knits can sometimes be installed a little too high. Early MA-1s had short knits while late 60s and 70s MA-1s had tall collar knits.

Unbelievable how cheap jackets are selling for. Hopefully it'll ring true for a jacket I'm watching. ;)

greyhound52

Man I know what you mean I got a great XL Skyline L-2B (C model) for a very reasonable price for one of our nylon jacket buddies here Jim. Great wearer. I had been looking for something like this for a while. I saw another L-2B blue anchor for a BIN of 299 or best offer. Size was large too. Wow.

watchmanjimg

greyhound52 said:
Man I know what you mean I got a great XL Skyline L-2B (C model) for a very reasonable price for one of our nylon jacket buddies here Jim. Great wearer. I had been looking for something like this for a while.

I'm so glad you're happy with the jacket, George! I actually got it from another forum member awhile back and restored it, but it was a relatively easy job because the original collar and waistband were still in serviceable condition. As my total investment was relatively low, I merely passed the savings along.

On the other hand, my near-mint XL Skyline C sold for $80 less than I paid for it--that is, before I restored the knits. :(

Weasel_Loader

Peter Graham said:
This shows how fickle ebay can be. Don't be too pissed off Danny.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0327823425

Yeah, I was tracking that one. I would have only rated that Medium only one step better than my Lion MA-1. I think I'll concentrate on better photos. If you look closely at the Medium photos, it does show a stain next to the decal. The decal on the Medium does look original (mine was not), which puzzled me since the inside hanger shows staples. Clear sign of a dry cleaning.

$158 bucks for a original Lion MA-1 was a steal. Oh well. I should have a long awaited D model Alpha MA-1 with C&C zippers. Waited a LONG time for this model. ;)