• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Roughwear 27752 (UK)

Sideslip

There is a small size original Roughwear 27752 coming up for sale on blightymilitaria.com, should be posted sometime this week. I stupidly did not take a picture of it, but the condition was rather nice, leather was supple and knits with snags, but seemed strong. It will be listed for £1,500, but no history on it. Label intact.

Still can't figure out why I did not take a picture of it as I was handling it?!?

For the avoidance of doubt, I have no connection with this item or the seller (other than having been to his showroom), just a heads up if anyone is interested.

johnwayne

Crikey, prices of some that gear well OTT in my view! A lot not in particularly good condition either!!

Sideslip

@Silver Surfer he said he was going to post this week although it fits him.
@P-47 thunderbolt i think it is a 38 or 40. I could see by eye that it was too small for me.

Still flumuxed that I did not take any pictures. Was slightly distracted as I was in a room full of 40-50s military surplus. He actually had a bundle of immediate post-war shirts (I think) still bundled in their original twine which are also going up.

Sideslip

Ah cool, sounds like an amazing place! Can anyone visit?
It's by appointment only as it is a room in his flat. I had bought something and realised that he is in London (nearish Stoke Newington) so took the opportunity to collect and check the sizing on a couple of other items. To be honest, he seems to have listed everything on his website and is updating periodically so it probably makes more sense to go knowing that he has something that you are probably interested in.

It's rare that I am in such a place and can ask questions and get knowledgable responses back. I guess another place might be JC's!

Silver Surfer

No worries, my man. We have all screwed the pooch one way or anther besides, no biggie, and no dough passed. Maybe we should start a “boners” thread……bet it garners nearly as many posts as the “what are you wearing” thread ……if it ain’t too embarrassing, hahahahahahaha.

ZuZu

I thought all Rough Wears had collar stands. Was I mislead?
I think I've seen one or two in the past on the internet- maybe JC had pictures of on which was a confirmed RW with no collar stand. Now of course I can't find my pics of one. The jacket in question here is probably a Dubow with a weird history!