• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL ROUGH WEAR B-3 FROM THE AC 17756 CONTRACT

Roughwear

handworn said:
That, sir, is a truly stupendous jacket. Never seen a better B-3.

Incidentally, I was just looking at the Eastman site for the Redskin Rough Wear B-6, and I notice that your jacket and the B-6 have the same contract number. I assume they were contracted for at the same time and on the same contract, but...does anyone know how often two types of jacket were under the same contract?

By the way, I was longing for the Eastman RW B-6 (and wondering what I could sell that would actually make me comfortable with dropping that kind of cash on a jacket)-- does anyone here own one who could give a report on how good it is?

Thanks. Have you ever seen an original B-6 made under this contract? No, because RW never made redskin B-6s. The AC 17756 contract was for B-3s and D-1s, not B-6s. Gary Eastman is aware of this, but advertises this B-6 as an original maker jacket.

There are several examples of different types of jackets being made under the same contract/order number.

Aero was given an order in 1942 for B3 and B6 jackets under the same order number: 42-5110-P.

Aero also received an order in 1943 for B3, B6 and AN-J4 jackets under the 43-13616AF order number.
Arnoff Shoe Co was awarded the next order in sequence-43-13617AF at the same time for B3, B6 and AN-J4 jackets.

A little later Poughkeepsie was awarded the 43-16804 order for B6 and AN-J4 jackets and AN-T35 trousers.

There are two examples of B3 and D1 jackets being made under the same contract, the 1941 AC 17755 contract awarded to Aero and the next contract, AC 17756, awarded to RW for B3 and D1 jackets.

Peter Graham

Roughwear said:
From experience I have found that B-3s that have stayed in the UK since the War tend to be more robust than many that returned to the States because of climate differences.

i have to agree with you there. All the shearling jackets of various types that I've bought from the UK have been very robust but the ones I've bought from the US, without exception, have been very fragile. I've worn my UK bought HLB B-3 many times and I know from experience that it's not going to fall apart any time soon. By the way, beautiful jacket Andrew.

Rocky

Andrew, I see this is an old post but it's the first time that I have seen it.

You did indeed snag a very nice B-3 Redskin. Glad I found the photo's of it. Great going!!!!