• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Hartmann

MikeyB-17

I have minimal knowledge about these things, but it looks pretty good to my inexperienced eye. Cool zip.

Hawkeye

The jacket is very nice on its own merits, but the seller is notorious for badging up 1940s jackets to look like they were Luftwaffe. I can almost guarantee you he put those stitch holes and epaulet buttons there himself. He's sold enough "Luftwaffe" jackets to equip 7 or 8 squadrons by now.

Roughwear

Hawkeye said:
The jacket is very nice on its own merits, but the seller is notorious for badging up 1940s jackets to look like they were Luftwaffe. I can almost guarantee you he put those stitch holes and epaulet buttons there himself. He's sold enough "Luftwaffe" jackets to equip 7 or 8 squadrons by now.

You couldn't go wrong buying from this guy as his gives you a lifetime guarantee that the entire the jacket is genuine and was worn by a Luftwaffe pilot. What he doesn't say is that the lifetime he is referring to is that of black beetle and the jacket was worn by a 90 year old former WW2 Luftwaffe pilot at a military show last year. Or perhaps something like this..... :lol: BTW way it's a decent German bike jacket and one of the more desirable designs with the lower pockets having flaps.

Roughwear

John Lever said:
Surely though there must be some originals out there ?
It does look very like Eastman's version.

Yes it is an original 1940s German bike jacket and a very nice jacket too for a smaller sized person to wear.
;)

havocpaul

Isn't the bottom line with these jackets is they were ALL non-regulation, private-purchase jackets, usually (motor) cycle jackets therefore unless there is real provedence from a reliable first-hand source ( a real vet) it is just another very nice period leather jacket....and nowt wrong with that. I wish this one was a bigger size as I'd love one like that.

Roughwear

havocpaul said:
Isn't the bottom line with these jackets is they were ALL non-regulation, private-purchase jackets, usually (motor) cycle jackets therefore unless there is real provedence from a reliable first-hand source ( a real vet) it is just another very nice period leather jacket....and nowt wrong with that. I wish this one was a bigger size as I'd love one like that.

Well said Paul. It is a most desirable design, which i would go for if it were my size.

John Lever

I like Eastman's version but the leather is not so good. Too dull and a dead brown colour with no life at all.

Falcon_52

The zipper teeth and slider look a little too shiny to me for a jacket of this age. The seller doesn't mention that it has been replaced...but the rest of the jacket looks legitimate.

Noel

John Lever

Falcon_52 said:
The zipper teeth and slider look a little too shiny to me for a jacket of this age. The seller doesn't mention that it has been replaced...but the rest of the jacket looks legitimate.

Noel
Seems a few interested bidders agree with you there Noel.
605 Euros so far with a day to go.