• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Crusher Cap Repair?

A

Anonymous

Anyone know where I can have an original crusher cap repaired? The back adjustment strap broke. Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Bill K.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys! I thought of him but I didn't see any restoration info. on his site so I didn't ask. I drop him an email.

Best regards,
Bill K.

dmar836

So, is it just the leather backstrap? Should find one on Ebay but I thiught I saw some NOS straps on the web at some point.
Dave

A

Anonymous

dmar836 said:
So, is it just the leather backstrap? Should find one on Ebay but I thiught I saw some NOS straps on the web at some point.
Dave

Yes, just the adjustable leather backstrap. I'll keep trying ebay, I guess that's my best bet, though nothing on there now.

Thanks!
Bill K.

Hamsterbear

Every once in a while there will be a seller on eBay who has about 3 or 4 available. The problem is that there are variations in the russet shade of brown, so if you don't match it, you have to tweak it with dye/polish.

A

Anonymous

Hamsterbear said:
Every once in a while there will be a seller on eBay who has about 3 or 4 available. The problem is that there are variations in the russet shade of brown, so if you don't match it, you have to tweak it with dye/polish.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out - I really don't care about the color issue so much as long as I could get an original strap - as you say, easy enough to fix up with dye or even just some leather oil/conditioner.

Best regards,
Bill K.