• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL CABLE RAINCOAT A2 SIZE 44

Roughwear

I have been searching for a wearable all original Cable Raincoat A2 from the late 1941 ac 23382 contract for years. When one came up recently for sale I couldn't let it go as they are really quite rare, unliked the later no-name Cable 27753 contract. It is marked a 44 on the spec label and fits like a typical larger Wartime 44. The horse hide is in very good condition and there are no repairs or areas of significant wear. The lining is almost in pristine condition. The knits are in great condition with a few moth nips which have been repiared. It belonged to Lt P.E. Scott, who I have tried to trace without success so far. The kwik zipper works perfectly without any issues. Here are some photos which I took this afternoon. It has been conditioned with Pecards.
001-6.jpg

004-6.jpg

003-5.jpg

006-5.jpg

014-5.jpg

009-6.jpg

010-4.jpg

016-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

008-5.jpg

020-4.jpg

012-5.jpg

018-4.jpg

017-4.jpg

mindful

wow how much did this set you back looks like a museum piece in great condition what a beauty ;)

Jason

Very very nice Andrew, never seen a 23382 before - but you can see the Cable lineage quite clearly at first sight. Its always fascinating to look at the different nuances between contracts of the same maker, and finding common traits of a particular manufacturer. But what I'm really amazed at is your ability to sniff out rare and museum quality jackets time after time... and I'm sure many would join me in thanking you for sharing your finds with us through photos and text.

bseal

Jason said:
Very very nice Andrew, never seen a 23382 before - but you can see the Cable lineage quite clearly at first sight. Its always fascinating to look at the different nuances between contracts of the same maker, and finding common traits of a particular manufacturer. But what I'm really amazed at is your ability to sniff out rare and museum quality jackets time after time... and I'm sure many would join me in thanking you for sharing your finds with us through photos and text.

Concur and ditto.

Dani-B

Wow, what a stunning jacket it is, Andrew - congrats and thanks for the pictures! An interesting perspective about the gap between pocket bottom and waistband at the last picture in the serial. Looks like the distance by the right pocket bottom is clearly bigger than on the left pocket, but they are symmetric. This in relation to the thread about Omarcos ELC Star sportswear A-2 in the 'repro' - section.

Roughwear

The gap on the left pocket is not typical of originals as the pictures of the other A-2s in my collection show.

A

Anonymous

looking great congrats,

how come you always find the rarest, in tip top condition and in your size too?

Did you make any deal at a crossroads at a remote place somewhere?

Roughwear

PLATON said:
looking great congrats,

how come you always find the rarest, in tip top condition and in your size too?

Did you make any deal at a crossroads at a remote place somewhere?

Now that would be telling! Watching Ebay has been very useful, but sometimes collector networks produce great yields. This Cable was from Ebay, but my Bronco was not.