• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original B-3, Werber, 40R, ( and pants) Might go cheaply?

chrgod2

This quite decent B-3 jacket might go for for a good price. The title of the auction is "VINTAGE MILITARY BOMBER COAT JACKET ARMY AIRFORCE 40R", it does not show up if you search for B-3 jacket or WW2 flight jacket.

I bid on it myself, now outbid. As I already have an old G-1 in need of care, I doubt my girlfriend would appreciate to get another old smelling leather jacket in the house. :D

Hope it can get a good home! The seller also has the original leather pants, seems like they go for a song!

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-MILITAR...goryZ585QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hacker

Unfortunately with the zippers being toast, there isn't anything to salvage from the pants. And the jacket I suspect will blow apart if anyone tries to wear it....A risky deal at best....

hacker

A2_newbie said:
I've been watching this forum for awhile and normally I wouldn't post, not beause I'm shy but because I don't know enough to contribute yet. Don't members here realise that by posting these live links to ebay auctions you are pumping up something that maybe another member was watching and might have wanted to get? There are many chaps here who simply lay low and let you do the work for them instead of searching ebay for themselves. I didn't want this coat, firstly because I can't afford to buy something like this, but had I wanted it I would have been a bit upset that it was broadcast in this way. I'm just expressing an opinion, so please do not jump on me. Thanks!

Glad to have you post!.....Many forums don't allow eBay links but we are pretty much a "free speech" group here..for better or worse ! ......Personally I could go either way on it but frankly not so much for the reasons you state.....too much "tearing apart" is my reason but.....just my opinion of course.......

Hacker

FLATHEAD

A2_newbie said:
I've been watching this forum for awhile and normally I wouldn't post, not beause I'm shy but because I don't know enough to contribute yet. Don't members here realise that by posting these live links to ebay auctions you are pumping up something that maybe another member was watching and might have wanted to get? There are many chaps here who simply lay low and let you do the work for them instead of searching ebay for themselves. I didn't want this coat, firstly because I can't afford to buy something like this, but had I wanted it I would have been a bit upset that it was broadcast in this way. I'm just expressing an opinion, so please do not jump on me. Thanks!

Or, you can say the exact opposite of this.

Without people posting links to these types of e-bay auctions, I would never know about them being for sale!

In this case, as state before, I usually seach for "B-3", "B3", "WWII jacket", "WWII coat", "WW2 jacket, "WW2 coat" ect...

I would not have even known about this auction had it not been posted here.

I did not bid on it, but I watched it.

It all depends on the side of this you are looking at it from.

Jim