• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original B-10 "Sovereign Mfg"

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Hawkeye said:
... never heard of the manufacturer before.

Sovereign had the first known contract for the B-10, and A-9 trousers.

Also made the B-11 jacket, with A-10 trousers, and A-11A trousers.

Peter Graham

jacketimp said:
Peter Graham said:
deeb7 said:
Also made the B-11 jacket....
I owned a Sovereign B-11 until it was stolen from me by a crooked ebay buyer :x

a scammer?
Well...to cut a long story short, I sold it to a US buyer. He paypal'd pronto and I posted the jacket. About a week later he leaves me feedback " Fast delivery, great seller" the usual. About a week after that I binned the slip with the tracking number on it. Another few weeks later he contacted me, "where's my jacket ?" Of course I replied along the lines of " You've left feedback, you've got the jacket". He replied that he left the feedback in error and he had not recieved it. He then started a dispute with paypal and they sided with him stating that feedback is no proof of delivery. Of course I could not produce a tracking number so they stung me for the full amount plus postage. I'm down one B-11 plus £75. The buyer is no longer a registered user with ebay. I hope he and paypal rot in Hell. I've still got his address though...... :twisted:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
The buyer is no longer a registered user with ebay. I hope he and paypal rot in Hell. I've still got his address though...... :twisted:

That pi**es me off .... so when he'd tried it enough times, eBay NARU'd him.

You have to think that anyone that can't leave feedback correctly, is also too stupid to be receiving mail.

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
Peter Graham said:
You have to think that anyone that can't leave feedback correctly, is also too stupid to be receiving mail.

You don't have to use eBay for too long before you run into people who don't read listings, can't understand 'em when they do, can barely write legible English (I'm not talking about about those for whom it's a second language) etc. Yet they seem to know all the scams!

jacketimp

Peter Graham said:
[quote="
Well...to cut a long story short, I sold it to a US buyer. He paypal'd pronto and I posted the jacket. About a week later he leaves me feedback " Fast delivery, great seller" the usual. About a week after that I binned the slip with the tracking number on it. Another few weeks later he contacted me, "where's my jacket ?" Of course I replied along the lines of " You've left feedback, you've got the jacket". He replied that he left the feedback in error and he had not recieved it. He then started a dispute with paypal and they sided with him stating that feedback is no proof of delivery. Of course I could not produce a tracking number so they stung me for the full amount plus postage. I'm down one B-11 plus £75. The buyer is no longer a registered user with ebay. I hope he and paypal rot in Hell. I've still got his address though...... :twisted:

yeah the average mr scammer at work.......i think paul got stung that way too..........

Sid Vintage

Here's what I do after being stung a couple of times: After you ship item Email the buyer:

"Thanks for buying my blah, blah blah. Shipping this date blah, blah, blah. Tracking number is blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..."

Send the message through Ebay. This way the note is stored in your "Sent folder" for a couple of months along with the tracking # contained within. This way if buyer acts up you can find tracking again quickly without having to go through a massive stack of shipping forms. Amazing last few years since I started taking this measure not one package has been "lost in the post". :!: :!: :!:

jacketimp

Sid Vintage said:
Here's what I do after being stung a couple of times: After you ship item Email the buyer:

"Thanks for buying my blah, blah blah. Shipping this date blah, blah, blah. Tracking number is blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..."

Send the message through Ebay. This way the note is stored in your "Sent folder" for a couple of months along with the tracking # contained within. This way if buyer acts up you can find tracking again quickly without having to go through a massive stack of shipping forms. Amazing last few years since I started taking this measure not one package has been "lost in the post". :!: :!: :!:

i go one better......i take pic of the actual parcel with tracking number and email seller...... :lol:

after all a pic is worth a 1000 emails???