• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL AVIREX FLYING JACKET-100% AUTHENTIC

So what's the big deal?
Is the jacket not what he claims it is?
Is it a fake Avirex?
What value does this thread contribute to the forum?

Roughwear

Miles_Archer said:
So what's the big deal?
Is it a fake Avirex?

I posted this just to annoy you Miles and you fell for it! :lol: :lol:

Roughwear said:
Miles_Archer said:
So what's the big deal?
Is it a fake Avirex?

I posted this just to annoy you Miles and you fell for it! :lol: :lol:

Doh!
Curses, foiled again by Doctor Moriarty!

Jason

Well it does serve to illustrate that the wording of auctions can be misleading for newbies.
For example, if you were new to the hobby, a description like "100% genuine leather WW2 A-2 style authentic" might well convince someone new & eager that it's a WW2 original issue A-2 jacket. Of course if you're new to the hobby its always prudent to be circumspect of everything until you can satisfy yourself that it is what it is rather than taking someone else's word for it... but all the same I think such wording is underhand, specificly designed to prey on the newbies.
Sure, it might be annoying to have attention drawn to such adverts/auctions for those who already know better... but if such attention can help educate a newcomer to the hobby, then I'm actually OK with it. After all, I was a newbie once, and I'm still learning something every day. Perhaps someone could take up the challenge to write a newbie guide to the (at times) intangible quality of being able to spot an original issue from a 4 week old, artificially aged Avirex with fancy words, and plotting a course through the ebay minefield to A-2 happiness?
This could be a subject unto itself, but thats where I'll leave it for the moment.

Hawkeye

I dont mind the postings, sometimes they are good for a laugh, and it's not as if the ebay board is hopping with activity at the moment anyways.

hacker

Vcruiser said:
Yeah...
It was posted for the newbies.....
VB

"....and a giant flag to the back. The lining of the jacket is a map.".....

I think that was OB's flight jacket :oops:

A

Anonymous

Miles_Archer said:
So what's the big deal?
Is it a fake Avirex?
Forgive Miles, he's a little bitchy right now.

Hamsterbear

Roughwear said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORIGINAL-AVIREX-FLYING-JACKET-100-AUTHENTIC_W0QQitemZ330256171695

:eek: :roll:

ANDREW....
The VLJ's eBay search engine!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rafsta

jacketimp said:
£250 it is............

shit, I missed such a bargain...
fbd4_1.JPG

"The jacket features an assortment of patches, 9 in total. 4 on the right side of the garment, 2 on the left, 1 patch on each sleeve and a giant patch with a flag and a declaration in numerous languages to the back. The lining of the jacket is a map."
:D :D :D

Members online

Latest posts