• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Aero A2 part 2

Silver Surfer

The brass zipper is a mystery, as it does not to be a replacement. I know that aero made and sold a-2s during the late 40s that were the same as those made during the war, and they used brass talons. However, as I recall, your jacket has a wwll aero contract label that would date the jacket to 1942. Confuseakitty.

JonnyCrow

The brass zipper is a mystery, as it does not to be a replacement. I know that aero made and sold a-2s during the late 40s that were the same as those made during the war, and they used brass talons. However, as I recall, your jacket has a wwll aero contract label that would date the jacket to 1942. Confuseakitty.
The label is definitely a wartime label, and a worn label that's been on there years plus it had a breast name label once, it's definitely a wartime jacket, I'm more swayed towards a replacement zipper end of the forties than anything.

JonnyCrow

What also shocked me also was what some dealers and eBay sellers are asking for a jacket in this quality :eek:

JonnyCrow

Yeah, that is how I see it, too. The replacement was expertly done, as against the usually slapsh dash off track way.
I like that somebody cared enough about the jacket after war to get that done. Plus giving the expected usual wear after 80 years, looked after it, it's a total one off giving the original price I paid, if I ever in my life see another with this criteria, I'll eat my favourite hat haha :D