• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original A-2 from the 828th Squadron

bobbyball

I do love my Alfa – had it from new and whilst I completely understand that the value of these cars has plumetted, I hope it is not a write off as what would I get for £3K that even comes close.

We are expecting a baby in November so the last thing I want is to fork out for a new car. Having said that, the A-2 is orgasmic and I paid for it out of the Beltring sales so did not dive into the bank account.

Incidentally, the previous owner/collector said never wear it in the car as this could damage the paintwork – spoke too soon for the Alfa ;) ;) ;)

Roughwear

Bob, Sgt John C Presswood was from Hunt, Texas. He was born in 1908 and enlisted in the USAAF on 24th February 1943 in Dallas. He was older than most aircrewmen being 35 when he enlisted. He served in a B-24 piloted by Theodore Beilstein and the entire crew survived the war.

bobbyball

Thanks Andrew,

This fits exactly with what I had managed to find out. Love to find a pic with him wearing the A-2! Highly unlikely though.