• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orchard G-1 Deal Update

Atticus

R7000 said:
Oh by the way, developing a "plan" for bidding is a bit unethical so this group should have no part in that in my opinion.

Tom

I respect your opinion and I don't mean to start an argument...but no, there is nothing unethical about what I proposed.

AF

USMC_GAU-21

AF,

As an eBay seller and buyer I agree you said nothing or did nothing "un-ethical" in your posts. You simply said you did not want to enter into a bidding war on a $110 jacket and you would step aside so others could buy one.

Nothing wrong at all with that. If the bid goes above $110.01, and you are out....then you are out. If you get it for $110.00 then the seller is still happy. No bidding wars, no one gets their toes stepped on.

I am glad to see the post as I have been looking for a "roomier" G-1 for daily wear......seems the damn cleaners shrank mine .....again

r - Gy Dan

Atticus

USMC_GAU-21 said:
AF,

As an eBay seller and buyer I agree you said nothing or did nothing "un-ethical" in your posts. You simply said you did not want to enter into a bidding war on a $110 jacket and you would step aside so others could buy one.

Nothing wrong at all with that. If the bid goes above $110.01, and you are out....then you are out. If you get it for $110.00 then the seller is still happy. No bidding wars, no one gets their toes stepped on.

I am glad to see the post as I have been looking for a "roomier" G-1 for daily wear......seems the damn cleaners shrank mine .....again

r - Gy Dan

Hi Dan,

In fairness to R7000, what was in my mind was a bit more complex. I was thinking that we ought to set up a plan whereby we wouldn't be bidding aginst each other if we didn't want to. In other words, if five of us wanted a jacket but only two jackets were being auctioned at that given time, then two of us would decide which jacket each would bid on, and the other three would step aside and have a go next round. If someone here on the forum didn't care to be part of a "plan" they would certainaly be able bid at will. Also, all of the other ten zillion people who could be watching the acution would be able to bid at will.

The result would be that the seller would sell his jackets at the highest price any buyer is willing to pay, but we on the forum wouldn't bid against each other needlessly. That is, three or four of us wouldn't be bidding against each other on one jacket while two other jackets were sitting there with zero bids. Of course, my assumption is that the seller is willing to sell at 110 bucks and that he has enough jackets to meet the demand at 110 bucks.

If that is unethical, then every cooperative buying plan in the entire economy is also unethical.

AF

USMC_GAU-21

AF,

Not complex at all. I understood from the beginning what you were saying. I don't want to bid against our forum mates either.

Especially now, when I see the seller has a "buy it now" feature for $110.00. No bidding war is required.

thanks!

r/Dan

rgraham

Jaydee said:
I should have mine today or tomorrow. I will post some pics (weather permiting) or at least give you all a review. I talked with Peter on the phone. He is really easy to work with. He is right there at the factory and can pull jackets off the rack to answer questions.

Orchard had (has?) a contract with the USN for the G-1 and they are still using the military spec pattern, So the construction should be solid at least.
-Jay

I bought one of these yesterday. How did you go about ordering a size? Do they run true to size, or do you have to order up or down. Also, if you could PM me his phone number, that would be a big help.

Thanks.

R7000

Regarding size, they run a bit small, at least one size.

My advise is to pull down a jacket that fits you and measure an important dimension (like chest) and tell Pete at Orchard what dimension you need and he will recommend the tag size for you.

Tom

Atticus

Thank you, Tom, but there is no need. Even if you had clearly understood, and still thought that my proposal was unethical, it would have been your opinion and I would have still happily respected it.

AF

Atticus

tcwu said:
I took the shoot because I rather someone outbid me and have him pay more! :oops: :oops: :oops:
My best guess is that they have a lots jackets available.
I can wait and may get mine at $110. That's why I bid $110.01.

If I did not bid on it (it actually become buy it now) every one probably still waits to last mins and try to outbid each other! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that you are right. If you hadn't taken the initative and placed a bid...we'd have all been snipeing each other like crazy a week from now!

AF

chris m

what's the diff between Navy and USMC G1's, is it the USN on the windflap? I bought one of the $110.00 Navy Spec G1's. I should have it by Friday.

Jaydee

chris m said:
what's the diff between Navy and USMC G1's, is it the USN on the windflap? I bought one of the $110.00 Navy Spec G1's. I should have it by Friday.

The USMC is a division of the NAVY so the USMC G-1 has the USN stencil. I just got mine today and I will give a review with pictures soon....
-JD

Jaydee

tcwu said:
the one on e-bay (USMC)
has USMC punch on the wind flap in stead of USN
Well maybe things have changed with the windflap since I was in the Navy in the 90's. The Marine flyers I knew had the USN mark.
-JD

Jaydee

tcwu said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260531110860&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

they (both sellers) maybe from the same company?

Yes I think so. The company is Branded/Orchard located in Long Is New York.

chris m

tcwu said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260531110860&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

they (both sellers) maybe from the same company?

Thanks. I noticed he is also selling G1's with a leather collar instead of a mouton collar. These aren't Mil Spec are they?