• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On, then off again, PERRY A-2 Repro 44(40)

ausreenactor

http://cgi.ebay.com/PERRY-SPORTSWEAR-A- ... dZViewItem

Gents..

Spied a seller with what could have been a Good Wear or Real McCoy(given the sizing) Perry. I loved the RM Perry I sold(then apparently lost in France). At the start of the auction, it was just a straight up free for all and the high bid was $16.50. Whacked on $300 and was ready to duke it out. This morning, no listing, no email from eBay? Checked the completed listings and nothing shown. Used my PC history to bring up the page. Auction altered to a $500 BIN only deal. With the item no longer available as there was an error in the listing. Just quizzed the buyer. Expect no reply. Probably took an offer off eBay. No biggie. The two potential 42 Buzz Jackets on Yahoo I let slide are!! While eBay enforce and punish bidders who choose to place a bid and not follow through. Why do sellers who are attempting to avoid fees allowed to run riot. Is the item listing not a part of that eBay obligation?

Just a vent. Will take solace in my cheap ELC Hartman 44 that I thought enough of to bid anyway..

Regards..

Couchy

havocpaul

Don't get me started again on this subject! I am getting sick of sellers suddenly pulling items from eBay, mostly 'cos they have had an offer to sell off eBay. I agree eBay get 'heavy' with bidders who don't go through with the transaction (which ebay should) but let these sellers get away with it. I know a few (ex) forum members have done this too and it's getting too frequent IMO.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Size 44, armpit to armpit 21.5 inches ..... strange.

It's still not a bad deal at the BIN, but yeah ... the seller regularly ends early, and I now ignore his listings.

You would think that with a feedback in the thousands, he would have it figured out by now.

mazeta

havocpaul said:
Don't get me started again on this subject! I am getting sick of sellers suddenly pulling items from eBay, mostly 'cos they have had an offer to sell off eBay. I agree eBay get 'heavy' with bidders who don't go through with the transaction (which ebay should) but let these sellers get away with it. I know a few (ex) forum members have done this too and it's getting too frequent IMO.
While I find this practice irritating as well, the seller did pay his listing fees to eBay, which he automatically forfeits when he pulls the jacket off the block. It's his jacket and regrettably he can do what he wants with it.

ausreenactor

Did you buy it?? For the sake of a few dollars for a listing it is a very good tactic. Take an offer and save the $20 dollars or so eBay would take, save the fees that Paypal would take as the payment merchant. Like David said...easier just to just ignore clowns who abuse the system.

He did himself out of $150 if he took the $500 for this was one I was quite keen on..coulda pushed it higher than that..

Hopefully the guy who got it snapped it up thinking it was a 44...and gets a big surprise..well a little one actually.

Couchy