• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old used Avirex....

MauldinFan

I had a nice Avirex A2 back in the early 90s, but I got too large for it (mostly in the shoulders and arm length).
Anyway, I scored this used one off eBay very recently. It was marked as a 46 but fits more like smaller than 44. I dearly wish it was just a smidge bigger across the back and longer in the sleeves. I can wear this with a t shirt but probably no way with a sweater.
I'd forgotten how nice they felt. A previous owner glued patches to it, and they peeled off at some point, leaving tell tale marks in the finish. They also put a decal on the sleeve but a little lower than in real life...
20220605_203801-01.jpeg

For what I paid for this, I can cope with the finish issues (but again, so badly wish this was a 46 as I was hoping for one with more room). It's got an odd sweet-ish smell that I've had it hanging on the back of my work chair since I unboxed it. I have no idea why many of the jackets I've snagged off eBay over the years have some sort of smell to them (never BO funk, thank goodness, just something chemical-ly).

Last edited: