• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK now who makes the best M-43 repro

A

Anonymous

After having honored the M-65 in various colors sizes for many years
it's time to focus on the M-43

I see some very expensive ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-M1943-M43-Fiel ... 27aad0d8f6

and the hopes to get an original soon, vanish.
A good repro is not a bad idea.

Who else is also a fan, and who can tell us during which period the m-43 was in service (cause I don't know)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
PLATON said:
... and the hopes to get an original soon, vanish.

Who else is also a fan, and who can tell us during which period the m-43 was in service (cause I don't know)

I like the M-43, and I picked up a good original example for not much money. I don't think you need a repro, here's one that sold on the forum ...

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3597&p=36151

269sqnhudson

PLATON said:
After having honored the M-65 in various colors sizes for many years
it's time to focus on the M-43

I see some very expensive ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-M1943-M43-Fiel ... 27aad0d8f6

and the hopes to get an original soon, vanish.

Oh nobody buys from that seller, he has stuff listed for months, way too pricey. His vietnam helmets are stupid prices too.
I bought a mint May 45 dated one two months ago for $220 which is only $35 more than a good repro from
WWII Impressions. Go for late war models and you'll gat a corker for a decent price.

dmar836

And if you want one for a pattern, they shouldn't be expensive to find.
There were subtle differences but the pattern isn't too different up through the M-1965. I have a few M-43s and a mint M-1950 which was short lived as the M-1951 soon overtook it.
Dave

Monsoon

I have one of the first ones from ATF. I think it's pretty nice.

As someone on another board once said, ATFs stuff does seem to be "allergic to buttons" because I think I've resewn them all back on at least once.

a2 fng

Unless you are a large size no need to buy repro.

Personally from all the repros i have seen i wouldnt bother anyway-if you cannot find an original IF you can find one these days go for an ex Norwegian Army one-MILLION times better than any repro around :cool:

kevlarg

I have bought two originals one mint unissued for $10 off of eBay and lightly worn for $15 off of eBay. They run pretty big for the purposes of layering. I normally wear a 38-40 and the fit of a 34 is perfect for me although the sleeves are almost too short. My 38 fits like a circus tent unless I have the alpaca liner in then it seems just right.

Peter Graham

I've owned examples of all the US field jackets, M-41 onwards and I think the M-43 is the ugliest, most ill fitting jacket of them all. Forget repros, buy an original.