• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ok Leadsky Andrew lets see if you get this squadron Patch

A

Anonymous

You got them all so far but I dout you will get this one it is a very small squadron ,they wear irvins in the cockpit and have no guns just recon :lol:

006-4.jpg

Its a very rare squadron that flies close to the ground under the radar .I will drop it in the mail tomorrow .

All the best Jeff

Andrew

:eek: Ooh yuk, don't like that one much. :lol:

Hey Jeff you really must have too much time on your hands.

It would definitely be the Antipodes branch of the "Wannabees"

A

Anonymous

When I was a kid our family used to travel to see my grandparents in Chiswick ,my father had a 61 ford popular .We always
used to pass an auto dealership called the Checkered Flag ,it had on the forecourt MGs MGB V8,MGA ,Triumph TR3, TVR, Reliant scimitars ,Lotus ,Etype Jags .So I always associate MGs with the Checkered flag the other part the outline of Australia and a kangaroo
speak for them selves so it is England and Australia .That what came to mind when I made the patch sorry you did not like it Andrew :lol: I will try again .

All the best Jeff

Andrew

Now i'm feeling guilty and an ingrate! :oops: I tell you what there would be thousands of MG drivers here who would kill for that patch- a friends father in particular. I'll bet if you put it on Ebay you would make more than a Squadron patch. I suppose I'm just a bit traditional.

You've probably already seen this- 435thBS

http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/index.html

That car yard sounds like driving by Heaven.

A

Anonymous

Andrew no problem my work has a small following on the forum and your honesty comments are probably what many people would like to say but do not .I guess it is an aquired taste that I deliver to the screen ,I see this when other members post something .For me I do want I want to do and say what I want to say ,you know a rebel . ;) :lol: .I guess it comes from 32 year of oppresion living in old Blighty .

All the best Jeff

MikeyB-17

I think it's cracking! I agree, I can see Aussie MG owners being all over that. Never a fan of MGs myself, but nonetheless I think the design and execution of the patch are superb.

A

Anonymous

Hi Mike thanks for the input ,I am really honestly not upset like I said my stuff is entertaining to a small group on the forum .Just the same way the European AAF is the gear to collect with the exception of the holy grail AVG kit .That the reality here and with the stuff I sold on ebay .We as a forum with the Good Wear Jackets which I believe have no peers do not have 100% concensus approval thumbs up .Thats the way of the world and the way of the people ,the patch was just made as a joke and a skill enhancer for my new sewing machine .No insult intended from Andrew or insult taken by me ,and even if it was I appreciate honesty more than telling me what they think I want to hear . ;)

All the best Jeff .

jack aranda

Hi, Jeff:
I think it is one of the coolest patches you've done--design, color, layout. It rocks. I'm not a sports car fan, but that patch makes me wish I was one :) . I agree with the comments made about Australian MG owners being all over that patch. Thanks for sharing the pics.

shedonwanna

Hey Jeff,

Plenty of other subjects other than vintage military. Some old B-17 pilots now fly a little closer to the ground! Keep up the good work...
ssr.jpg

ssr2.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks Jack and Dave ,I can make a cleaner patch when the detail is not so intense .Jack are you still out in Wyoming with the prehistoric group .Dave thats a great SS roadster patch did you make it for a vet !.Here is a company logo that has always evoked speed to my mind it is the Mobil horse ,I love old motor cylces and this logo was on Rollie free Vincent Black shadow 1948 Bonneville salt flats world speed record (was on the tank.)I also remember it on the front of John Cobbs Railton ,saw the car in 1964 next to the blue bird at the boys and girls exhibition Olmpia London and there is also a USAAF patch with it .May be I will make one up .

http://www.racingcampbells.com/content/ ... pecial.asp

http://42ndblackwatch1881.wordpress.com ... ed-record/

BT4rFP2kKGrHgoOKiQEjlLmEZtBKK07m6ro.jpg

9de2_11.jpg

All the best Jeff

shedonwanna

oooouch! I guess he didn't expect to fall - all that salt... Pegasus is the logo used by Mobile Oil Company. I remember a big neon pegasus in downtown Dallas. I think it is now the Magnolia Hotel but the Pegasus is still there. The SSR did not belong to a vet - I believe he was a county sheriff.

http://www.magnoliahoteldallas.com/dallas.aspx

c-1.jpeg

"shed"

jack aranda

Good morning, Jeff:
Yes, I'm 'stationed' in Thermopolis, WY for two weeks, volunteering with the Wyoming Dinosaur Center. I wonder, does this make me a member of the WVG?? There may be a patch in there somewhere....Patch makers, start your imaginative engines! The local rocks are Jurassic, so no T-rex or triceratops (my personal favoite, just another old, horny so-and-so :lol: ). But, LOTS of big sauropods--diplodocus, chasmosaurus, supersaurus, and the occasional allosaurus. This is a dream I've had since I was a boy, and, it is every bit as cool as I imagined it to be. I'm already thinking about next summer.

In this first week, I've been on crew at the finding of more than a dozen vertebrae and long bones at two different sites, including me finding my first dinosaur bone, a rib, probably. Excited? I'm no different than the ten year-old kid out for the day with his parents who found one. "I found a bone! I found a bone!" Excitement reigns.

I'm using a Netbook while I'm out here, so posting pics may not be easy for me to do, but, if I can sort it out, I'll post a few. When I get home, I will definitely put some up in the "Life Beyond the Internet" section.

Temps are running in the high 80's everyday so there are no leather jacket pics, lads. Sorry. I agree, a shot of an A-2 or 55J14 in a dinosaur quarry is an image fraught with coolness, but, not this trip.

Logging in here and keeping up with the VLJ is a welcome respite at the end of each long, hot day. A cold beer helps, too ;) .

A

Anonymous

Shed thats a much better picture ,the HRD name was changed to to Vincent because it caused confusion re the American market because of HD .Whats interesting with this bike on the flats it has no front brake or seat .The vincent was revolutionary in many ways ,production models had 4 brakes ,no frame every thing was attached to the engine ,it was a vtwin 1000cc ,and you did not need tools to remove the wheel or adjust the seat height cam locks.In 1940s Vincent supplied an engine to the Indian motorcylcle company and was put in a chief for evaluation never went any further .Jack hang in there sound like your having fun .

Rgds jeff.

A

Anonymous

shedonwanna said:
oooouch! I guess he didn't expect to fall - all that salt... Pegasus is the logo used by Mobile Oil Company. I remember a big neon pegasus in downtown Dallas. I think it is now the Magnolia Hotel but the Pegasus is still there. The SSR did not belong to a vet - I believe he was a county sheriff.

http://www.magnoliahoteldallas.com/dallas.aspx

c-1.jpeg

"shed"

If you get a tankslapper at that speed theres nowhere to go ,he must be lying in a bitch pad mounted on the rear fender .The man has big cohonnes dressed like that at 150mph both ways :cool:

Rgds Jeff

A

Anonymous

Jack trying to think up a design of patch for you prehistoric motif ,my thoughts keep locking onto Fred Flintstone .

Jeff

Andrew

DUBOWA2 said:
Jack trying to think up a design of patch for you prehistoric motif ,my thoughts keep locking onto Fred Flintstone .

Jeff

Now that's a great idea!

jack aranda

Hmm...Fred riding a bucking triceratops or t-rex (It IS Wyoming, and there was a rodeo all week-end right next door to the motel). And, somewhere on it, 'DVG' (Dinosaur Volunteer Group :lol: ). It has potential, Jeff.