• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh bugger..

Tim P

I am sharing this with everyone in the hope of some understanding. I recently bought, in paperback form, Pattern recognition. I went to bed last night and started it. Expecting only a passing reference to Buzz ricksons I am surprised at how often and in what detail the infamous black Ma1 is mentioned. Addd to this two other factors....
1. Anyone who has followed my posts will know that I am a fan of black lookalike jackets currently owning a black WEP courtesy RL polo, a black M1942 Paratrooper jacket and M43 inspired by same (not to mention a blue M51) and a black Alpha M65.
2. students will remind you that whatever you read just before sleeping will form the substance of your dreams for the night.

I have spent the whole night having full on dreams about black buzz ricksons ma1's and am only happy, seeing the price of them, that the biggest ELC do is a 42L. No orange lined $29.95 POS will do it for me mind. I need to let this pass. hopefully it will.
Reassure me someone.......

MikeyB-17

Yes, I've read the book too-I was quite surprised how often the Rickson gets a mention. It was my favourite of the books of his I've read. I like black stuff too-I once had half a mind to ask Aero to do me a black A-2, to which I planned to add black and white squadron patches. Probably unlikely to happen though.

asiamiles

I picked up this book at a flea market last week. Figured I should read it for the BR references.

Tim P

enough on controlled substances... :geek:

all budget black ma1's have orange lining. 10% of the price of a buzz but cheesy as all hell.

jacketimp

[quote="Peter GrahamI have spent the whole night having full on dreams about black buzz ricksons ma1's .
Reassure me someone.......[/quote]

heady stuff..............smokin' or sniffin'.........[/quote]
Mushrooms are neither smoked nor sniffed. PM for more details ![/quote]

stir fried?

jacketimp

Peter Graham said:
Why anyone would wear a black MA-1 is beyond me, unless you're a bouncer or a member of the BNP.

bump........

god......ooops miss out the O.... guys wear black.........

Tim P

The black ma1 does have that stigma. I think I will grow out of it and just be glad of my other buzz jackets.

asiamiles

Peter Graham said:
Why anyone would wear a black MA-1 is beyond me, unless you're a bouncer or a member of the BNP.

Not sure about the letter but yes it does seems synonymous with the beefy bouncer or maybe the Industrial music scene.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
Not sure about the letter ...

I had to ask Wiki ...

The British National Party (BNP) is a far-right and whites-only political party in the United Kingdom. The party is not represented in the Parliament of the United Kingdom.