• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

officer pinks

fishmeok

Here's some shots of different pink and green shades... The shirt is one of my favorite items- an original pink shirt in a 16.5X35 size!

DSCN2385.jpg

DSCN2392.jpg

Cheers
Mark

lt508th

I own many variations of original WWII US Army and Army Air Forces officer uniforms. I am fairly tall, 6'-1" and near 200lbs. and I have managed to find these uniforms in sizes I can wear. I have worn both my original dark drab shade trousers and the pinks with a shirt and tie and always get compliments on the look and quality of the trousers. I also own both long and short versions of the officers overcoats which I wear with suits to the office; it's a great look! If you started making some good repro's I'm sure you would have a fairly easy time marketing them. Keep us informed! ~ Tim

stanier

Hi Platon, I've been watching the site but I've not seen anything, do you have more news?

Cheers

Dr H

Hi Platon
I realise you've been busy with jacket developments, but have you anything to report on the officers pinks, or should I go ahead and order a pair from ELC?

stanier

I gather the Bill Kelso pinks are nearly there.

Just a note of caution on the ELC pinks. They are without doubt great trousers with beautiful colour and really nice lining and labels . They are very heavy but prickly to wear. I've found The prickliness can be tamed with a pair of vintage cut boxers, but the weight; I've found they are only for the coldest days.

I've worn my ELC's on a freezing December night in Blackpool waiting to see a George Formby impersonator at a 40's dance and the ELC pinks were really the trousers to have; very comfortable and sharp.

However I have made the mistake a couple of times now (won't again) of wearing them to summer renactment events and they're just too warm and very uncomfortable, IMO. To the point of being unwell in fact.

I'm sure there must have been a lighter weight option originally, and I'm hoping the Bill Kelsos are in a lighter weight cloth.

Dr H

Hi Stanier
I have a pair of original pinks that I wear to work and these too are a great complement for my A-1, but they are simply too heavy for wear during the summer months so a slightly lighter weight cloth would go down well here too.

ausreenactor

And in the Tropics. I have the ELC pinks shirts in both shades and the trousers in the pink.
I had to up the AC and shower before I would contemplate putting them on... Looking back,
worn three times in around eight years.. :?

Lightweight....gaining votes...

Couchy.

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately, the market for the pants is small to non existent
and the profit margin is also too small compared to the effort
required to make these pants period accurate.