• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nose Art for Moderators (Inaugural Edition): buzzthetower

unclegrumpy

A recent thread gave me a thought. It was that our Moderators needed some extra recognition. And what better way to do that than to as a group, decide what WW II era styled nose art might have been appropriate....or inappropriate for the backs of their flight jackets?

With that in mind and for reasons of seniority, I thought Mr. Lever should be first up. However, even though he is junior and first on the Moderator list, starting with the him might be considered unfair. Therefore, I quickly moved to the bottom of the list to.....buzzthetower.

I would appreciate it if others would both step up with their ideas, and start similar design threads for the other Moderators. :D

That said, open for your comments and consideration is, my proposed nose art for buzzthetower's jacket:

Arching in white outlined red lettering:

"The Buns in the Oven"

Over the following, as yet "unapproved" design:

Superimposed over a large yellow, black shadowed, number 9 (signifying 9 months), a grayish white stork, flying with an A-2 hanging firmly from it's beak. Upon which, a smiling diapered baby (cherub) rides, arms outstretched waving, one clutching a $1000 bill.

Roughwear

Re: Nose Art for Moderators (Inaugural Edition): buzzthetowe

Interesting idea. I think Mr Lever might be adverse to wearing his jacket with nose art on the back! ;) :lol: :lol:

John Lever

I prefer Nose Art to be minimalist in the extreme. But the idea is an interesting one.
Didn't Hitler use Nose Art from downed planes as propaganda to label allied planes as Hell Flyers ?

siddhartha

Administrator

Was that the "Murder, Inc." nose art you're thinking of, John?

John Lever

siddhartha said:
Was that the "Murder, Inc." nose art you're thinking of, John?
Yes something like that. It was a propaganda gift.

Otter

I remember the old "Green Cover" Aero catalog ca 1990 when the did a replica Murder Inc jacket, some nice photos in there!