• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOS Irvin.......From France!!

coanda

I thought I would put a few more pictures up of John's masterpiece.... For info the jacket used up the best part of 4 scrap pairs of Irvin trousers, I guess I am fortunate to have accumulated many pairs over the years. The zips were made up from one "leg" zip. The main concern I have is having used double trunion pullers as they are notoriously weak... The collar backing came from a scrap Wearings Jacket, likewise the belt. All that is the easy part.. the hard work and all credit should go to John, just a pity his address is not in Letchworth!!
For comparison I have a couple of pictures with an original late war jacket.... Much smaller!
Regards to all
Rick
P1080715.jpg

P1080716.jpg

P1080717.jpg

P1080718.jpg
P1080720.jpg

P1080721.jpg

P1080723.jpg

P1080725.jpg

P1080727.jpg

P1080729.jpg

P1080731.jpg

Andrew

Beyond doubt it's the best repro Irvin ever made. I can't tell which is which. I have a nos dot Leg zip I've also been saving for the right jacket project , unfortunately the economy isn't cooperating.

rich

Andrew said:
Beyond doubt it's the best repro Irvin ever made. I can't tell which is which.

I was thinking the same thing - putting it next to the wartime jacket demonstrates just how exemplary it is. More power to you Jon.