• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No s*&t! There I was! In my BR L-2A Superior Togs..

ausreenactor

Gents...

Got a bit indulgent last night! The evenings are cool enough to get away with a B-10! So dragged out the L-1 Flight Suit
and my Val Kilmer specials...

P1100558.jpg

In the pic the jacket does appear "loud". But great get. I am positive I saw a patch almost identical to this fetch over
$400 on eBay last year. May have saved a copy of the listing pic...Great jacket none the less...

Regards...and apologies if I am kinda goofy lookin'. That is me!

Couchy

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
greyhound52 said:
Great pose.

Yes, it's a great pic, Couchy, and I'm not just saying that because I'm on the payroll.

Anyway ... you liked it enough to post it twice. :D

usafwso

I should also mention that you got the "fighter pilot dent" in your flight cap just right! It is almost impossible to do that with today's flight caps.

usafwso

And for the last point, it I may: USAF fighter aircrew typically for the smallest mm sun glasses. One great example, the classic 1958 Randolph Engineering sunglasses. Go for the 52mm variety. The 55mm look just too big and if you like me go for the Ray Ban classic aviator style, go for their smallest size. It's a "fighter pilot" thing and even the new sunglasses the Thunderbirds wear they are pretty small.

Just the other day at the huge CES show here in Las Vegas asked me if I was some sort of Naval Aviator and to my horror, realizing that I was wearing my G-1 and my Ray Bans, had to admit that I was not!

That Tom Cruise Top Gun look never worked for me.

So, I am not sure if I should have added or subtracted style points on that one. :roll:

Maverickson

ausreenactor said:
Gents...

Got a bit indulgent last night! The evenings are cool enough to get away with a B-10! So dragged out the L-1 Flight Suit
and my Val Kilmer specials...

P1100558.jpg

In the pic the jacket does appear "loud". But great get. I am positive I saw a patch almost identical to this fetch over
$400 on eBay last year. May have saved a copy of the listing pic...Great jacket none the less...

Regards...and apologies if I am kinda goofy lookin'. That is me!

Couchy

I wanted to thank you Couchy for posting this particular patch at my request. On the contrary, I would call the photo taken of you in that get up realistic rather than " kinda goofy looking". Through this photograph you exemplify what a typical Air Force pilot fighter jock once looked like have just come off of the flight line. In additon, I would call your Air Force style jacket nearly subdued as compared to the the same era USN get up with their loud patches which are inherently brighter and which are characteristically created with much more vibrant or even gaudy blue, red, gold, and green colors!

The artwork is fantastic! To COOL Couchy way to go :D !

Thanks, Dave

havocpaul

Looking good! Reminds me of a book I got several years' back and worth a read called "Officers in Flight Suits, the story of American Air Force fighter pilots in the Korean War", J.D. Sherwood, NYU Press. Some great pics in the book too, you wouldn't look out of place in there!