• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nivea cream on leather?

stelug

Hello, this is my first post. As a long term and long range biker, I obviously love leather jackets and treat them by myself. Have some Aero, Vanson, Dainese, ans some italian leather taylored steer or horse (there are big differencies in tanning HH from us-englad to italy). You can see some of my jackets here http://fotoalbum.virgilio.it/motard/fedora/# and some of them had been more than 25 years on the road. My question is: anyone use Nivea body lotion to clean and nourish the leather? That's what I learned from a flea market leather seller long way ago and applied my self since now (no personal relationship or interest with Nivea). Twice a year a clean them up with a soft cloth and Nivea cream and when the cream is absorbed I gave a light rub with mink oil or collonil leatherpfledge motorrad (to me mink is better on horse collonil on steer). I don't claim this is a perfect formula, but at least is economical and I have used it for decades with no harm and good resoults

jschare

I've never used Nivea but I have used regular hand lotion with lanolin on goatskin. Lanolin comes from sheep after all and I've had good results with it.