• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice original ? 506th airborne A-2

Jeff M

unclegrumpy said:
dmar836 said:
It was standard operating procedure (SOP) for Airborne Troopers to take their pants off and leave them in a French barns or hanging on stable hooks. From there, they continued the fight in their shorts, which is how they garnered their nickname from the Germans..."those devils in baggie pants".....and the truth to why so many were so cold in the Battle of the Bulge. :shock:

I thought that was HOW the battle came to be known as "The Battle of the Bulge". :eek:

a2jacketpatches

That 1st one really is a super rare bird, 2200- Rare? I'm not sure about that. The blacklight will make synthetic white fibers glow, and white cotton fibers a light purple, It's thought by many to be the final word for WW2 patches, but.......A patched garment washed with phosphates can glow as well, cotton or manmade fibers. For such a rare eagle, a more solid reference to authenticity should be available, like Bandos site, the story is readily available for that type 101st AB patch. For her to use the blacklight thing on such rare patch? Either playing dumb or truly ignorant about paratrooper stuff.

Jeff M

dmar836 said:
Just saying "Type 8" speaks volumes about "her" "cluelessness"!

Yeah, wondered about the "her" also. And the eBay name, "marygrace"? A nice "angelic" ring to it.

unclegrumpy

Jeff M said:
I thought that was HOW the battle came to be known as "The Battle of the Bulge". :eek:
Well, sort of....

postcard-kopie-3.jpg

Jeff M

Looks like it didn't fool anybody, unless that "1 offer" was for real and the seller ended up taking it.