• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice M-422A Edmund T. Church, size 42, BIN 199 USD

rpmooreii

I think that is a G&F even though it has a Church tag...look at the left pocket it has the tell G&F wider pocket. The pocket flaps also do not look like any of the three Church jackets that I have had. In any event, a nice deal for $200!

bazelot

It's not an Edmund T. Church.
It's a depot reconditioned jacket.
The funny bit about it is that the waistband was installed upside down :) :)

hacker

That is one odd jacket........I'll bet John bought it for the tag! ;)

He knows it's not an Ed Church.... I can't tell for sure what it is. To many changes to it.

Hacker

A

Anonymous

bazelot said:
It's not an Edmund T. Church.
It's a depot reconditioned jacket.
The funny bit about it is that the waistband was installed upside down :) :)

Strange, I've seen that on a lot of depot jackets ... seemed someone didn't know or care. Fair enough.

bazelot

I saw it before John bought it but there were way too many issues to hit the bin. The zipper is a replacement. The lining is also a replacement, the tag is obviously a replacement and the shoulder damage did not inspire much confidence.

A

Anonymous

Yes indeed. John and I are working on a special project to purchase specific refits. In the process we're unraveling the story of a master crew of jacket hatchet-men operating out of a discreet depot in Rota, West Pacific. Billy Bob, Josey and Wayne specialized in fitting knits upside down and replacing all parts incorrectly. All this had special meaning and significance in the run-up to the planned invasion of Japan.

But in reality, following a few drinks, I hit the BIN button without thinking ... fortunately managed to negotiate the price down to a more reasonable $200. My last few jacket purchases have been shite, but this one (now returned to and relisted by seller) took the biscuit: http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-A-2-FLIGHT-JAC ... dZViewItem

A

Anonymous

Leadsky said:
I know it must be painful but could you share it with us...;.)

Sure, no probs. Haven't recieved it yet but will post pics etc. on arrival. As a jacket, $200 ain't that bad, and the flyer does have some interesting history. Anyway, the moral of the story is don't engage with Ebay after five pints of ale...
If you're talking about the 364th, well, that was a piece of crap. Glad I managed to return and get a refund.

jacketimp

Tranquility Base said:
Leadsky said:

Sure, no probs. Haven't recieved it yet but will post pics etc. on arrival. As a jacket, $200 ain't that bad, and the flyer does have some interesting history. Anyway, the moral of the story is don't engage with Ebay after five pints of ale...
If you're talking about the 364th, well, that was a piece of crap. Glad I managed to return and get a refund.

is that all it takes you be tipsy........5 pints of ale?

what do I know, being a teetoler ;)

A

Anonymous

jacketimp said:
Tranquility Base said:
Leadsky said:

what do I know, being a teetoler ;)

Certainly enough to start hitting BIN without much thought.

jacketimp

If you're talking about the 364th, well, that was a piece of crap. Glad I managed to return and get a refund.[/quote]

what do I know, being a teetoler ;)[/quote]

Certainly enough to start hitting BIN without much thought.[/quote]

the chicken or the egg....

or

you could hit the BIN and then hit the ales....

tamoko

200 is good price for this Jacket. My first think was you get some rare patches inclusive, removed from this Jacket.
But no Mystic just 5 pints of ale. ;)

A

Anonymous

tamoko said:
200 is good price for this Jacket. My first think was you get some rare patches inclusive, removed from this Jacket.
But no Mystic just 5 pints of ale. ;)

There's some paperwork coming with it that could be of interest... not holding my breath but we'll see.

bazelot

Tranquility Base said:
Yes indeed. John and I are working on a special project to purchase specific refits. In the process we're unraveling the story of a master crew of jacket hatchet-men operating out of a discreet depot in Rota, West Pacific. Billy Bob, Josey and Wayne specialized in fitting knits upside down and replacing all parts incorrectly. All this had special meaning and significance in the run-up to the planned invasion of Japan.

But in reality, following a few drinks, I hit the BIN button without thinking ... fortunately managed to negotiate the price down to a more reasonable $200. My last few jacket purchases have been shite, but this one (now returned to and relisted by seller) took the biscuit: http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-A-2-FLIGHT-JAC ... dZViewItem

How did you managed to negotiate the price down to $200 after hitting the BIN??? Isn't there some kind of contractual thing going on once you hit the bin?