• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice A-2 pic taken from ebay

bombs away

Hello,

Here is a nice picture for sale on ebay.
I really like it.
14134807076_33bdd31e6a_b_d.jpg

Cheers,
Tim

Roughwear

It agree this is a very nice picture indeed, which I suspect was taken in 1944 or 1945. His Dubow certainly has some character.

watchmanjimg

I have a copy of this photograph, printed on heavy stock. I don't know when or where it was taken, but I don't think it was yesterday. :D

Phantomfixer

not trying to debate age...just liked the creasing of LW jackets and noted the similarity...wonder why we don't see a lot of LW in reviews... I like em

watchmanjimg

Phantomfixer said:
not trying to debate age...just liked the creasing of LW jackets and noted the similarity...wonder why we don't see a lot of LW in reviews... I like em

I'm one of the few here who likes LW's products, although their A-2 is perhaps the least favorite for most of us. The horsehide is simply too heavy and stiff, and the finish on the hide as well as the pattern aren't terribly faithful to the original. That said, they make excellent civilian jackets. I have a limited-edition Suburban in 2.5-ounce goatskin and I love it!

Phantomfixer

I agree they make great jackets..except for pocket placement, I think their A-2 in horse is awesome...thick hide...yeah it is... once worn it softens up, breaks in real nice..
I have owned several of his A-2s one new and a few from the secondary market.. I would trade my Eastman RW any day for my old LW that I sold...my mistake live an learn, dont look back press on

glad to see LW getting some limelight...enjoy your Suburban now that it is getting cooler