• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newest Aquisition: AN-J-3A Monarch

Stony

Just acquired this really nice AN-J-3A Monarch. Except for one small hole in the right waist front, a little fraying of the end of the left cuff and two small wear spots on the collar points, this jacket is nice. The leather is in what I would call "new" condition with no wear that I can see. The zipper is still blackened and the lining is immaculate. Note the "black" US under the collar. I think this was what Monarch used on their WWII jackets. I know my Monarch M-422 has a black USN. Probably in the top 3 or 4 jackets I've owned over the last 20 something years.

ur3r.jpg

6mt9.jpg

seyt.jpg

uv5l.jpg

ovk9.jpg

co53.jpg

lscg.jpg

ieve.jpg

v1db.jpg

Peter Graham

Beautiful jacket Stony. Great character and just a nice amount of wear. The AN-J-3A is my favourite of all the Navy jackets because they are a bit more rare and interesting than the M-422A and more importantly, they are shorter in the body, so a better fit for a small guy like me. What size is this one ?

Stony

What size is this one ?

Size 40.

Here are the measurements.

Armpit to armpit across the front: 21"
Shoulders across the back: 18 1/2"
Sleeve from shoulders to end of cuff: 26"
Down the back from collar to end of waist: 25 3/4"

dmar836

Slick! I need to get an AN-J-3 for my collection. Somehow that one always slipped by. They still don't get the attention they deserve IMO.
You have a great one!
Dave

Stony

That is a truly magnificent Monarch you have there Stony. Do you intend to wear it?

It is actually pending sale to one of the forum members. It fit me, but had no room to wear anything other than a shirt underneath, so I passed it along.

mindful

Stony said:
That is a truly magnificent Monarch you have there Stony. Do you intend to wear it?

It is actually pending sale to one of the forum members. It fit me, but had no room to wear anything other than a shirt underneath, so I passed it along.

thanks for letting me know about the sell im sure i asked you if you was selling it before

Stony

thanks for letting me know about the sell im sure i asked you if you was selling it before

I didn't see any inquiries on this thread and no PMs regarding that. I just got the jacket and this is the first time it's been shown on the forums. Must have been a different jacket I'm thinking.