• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Wing Badge / Name Tag Combo

a2jacketpatches

Well, not really new, but a blast from the past. I did these years ago but they proved to be a real pain so I discontinued them. I planned on getting the imprinting machine that the other name tag guys are using to make easy, perfect tags every time, but it's a little pricey for me. These tags are cut and aligned by hand, then stamped with a rawhide mallet. The price reflects the time consumed making these, I have to be extremely careful and usually screw one up before success. If any guys here want one, PM me and I'll ship for free domestic or overseas first class mail. I have to keep it Priority Mail on Ebay for the tracking protection.

Also, I plan to do all other wing badges and i'm looking for originals to make the dies with. I'll do reasonable trade for original WW2 wings with broken pin backs and clutch posts if you got em.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT
Newnametags004.jpg

shedonwanna

I like the embossed style and know how labor intensive tooled nametags can be. Getting everything alligned and centered then the mess of staining the leather. Are you using original wings for the actual die? You are getting some good details and would like to see a navigators wing posted when you get one done. I've done some navy qualification name tags to go with the squadron patches :

vp5set.jpg

a2jacketpatches

Yes, original wings to mold a die, and it only lasts for a limited time before having to make another. You can find some outline dies on Ebay for different wings but I prefer the details and unique patterns of originals even if it's labor intensive and a little tricky molding them. I'm looking for a Balfour Navigator, one piece , had one years ago and it was perfect with nice sharp details.

Your patches are very sharp, outstanding.