• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New (to me) GW Acme Aero 48” chest

Officer Dibley

Got this off Boyo. Arrived today. Very pleased. Need to say that he’s a crackingly good chap to deal with and shipped stupidly quickly.
Quick pick of the jacket out of the box. Fit pics (reluctantly) when i next see decent natural light..... might be a while in England ;)
Sized as 48” chest, it fits exactly as a normal 46” chest would - which makes me very happy. Replaces a 46” i had which was just too small for me. This size gives me room for a shirt & sweater in winter and t-shirt in summer with room to let air circulate.
Chuffed to buggery !!

3EFDF058-A92E-42AF-A0BA-FBC55BCA71F2.jpeg

B-Man2

Dave
That’s a great looking jacket and happy to hear ifits and you’re please with it ( Damn!! :mad: )
No really !! Just kidding :)
Looking forward to seeing your smiling face in some pictures whenever you get the chance.
Cheers

ties70

Boyo,

It is a shame that the size didn't work for you...

And Dibley, hope that you will enjoy it! It was originally my jacket, and I picked it up from JC himself, at the Museum of Flight in Seattle.

So, we can assume that this jacket has logged more flight hours than some of its original ancestors... Whooohoo

Ties

Officer Dibley

I won’t look as cool as you did when you posted your fit pics Ties but i’m gonna wear the heck out of it because i have room to layer my clothing under it so it will be a jacket for all seasons !

ties70

Dave,

It was tough to let that baby go, as it is such a nice jacket.

But it was always that little tiny bit too tight for me.... So it was the clever thing to move it to Boyo, just as he did sell it to you.

If it ends up with you, it's just the perfect happy ending!

Can I tell you that I brought a GW Dubow from that trip to Seattle, as well? It's even a tiny bit smaller than the Aero, so hardly a perfect fit for me ever again... But you have to "grab it from my cold dead hands"... At least for now

Boyo

@ties70, it’s was very bittersweet to let this one go and I did try to live with the less then perfect fit but in the end a trade to another enthusiast made the most sense.. I’m sure dave will give it a good home.. and I get a “winter” coat in exchange to get me through this cold season. ELC B-6 inbound

bseal

Goodwear should consider this for a tag line on its website.

“Chuffed to buggery !!”

- Officer Dibley

7C12C05F-83E8-4027-9E6E-5F13469EC830.png

Officer Dibley

I wish now I that i’d said “chuffed to bits”. Although it obviously doesn’t mean “thrilled to the point of self dismemberment” so why would my previous one be taken quite so literally by some ? :cool: It’s just a phrase;)