• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New REPRO, Buco j-41

DiamondDave

Gents,

Thought there may be a few here interested in this particular new offering. This is my take on the lesser known J-31/41
concept from Buco in the late 1940's. this seems to be a Buco copy of a much earlier Leathertogs design. This also features my new Horsehide in 3oz or 1.1mm, this HH is amazingly strong and stiff for being a lighter weight. Horsehide labels are also new.

IMG_2230.jpg.w560h420.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg.w560h420.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg.w560h560.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg.w560h420.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Mods: Wasn't sure if this topic placement was OK, but if needed it can be moved to Moto-Leather. just was not sure since it is also a Repro. :D

DiamondDave

Deeb,

Thanks as always!!

bseal,

Also thanks... I THINK??

Fanciful this jacket is not. J-41 is absolutely a real jacket by Buco. See Rin Tanaka's "Motorcycle Jackets" books for further illumination.

Although I will say that I rarely understand your postings, anyway. I still thank you!

DD

bseal

Dave, it was a compliment. Fanciful, as in I can't believe my eyes, because it's so real.

DiamondDave

THANKS to all for the great feedback!

I just hope to move these two on eBay to continue to fund this strange new obsession. Never thought
that I would actually enjoy designing (re-engineering) these old jackets, but I am starting to see the
fascination!

Cheers to all,

DD

fishmeok

Why is it always the homliest ones who make the coolest jackets?

Another example which proves my point:

CompDown672.jpg

:lol:

I do think you need a back pic though Dave, and the live person shots REALLY make the thing pop, looks awesome! Despite the model...

Cheers
Mark