• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member ...showing off part of my collection

JanSolo

Greetings,

my name is Jan Harre. I'm from northern Germany and I am currently 33 years old. I've studied German, English, and Marketing in both Germany and England (Southampton). I have a strong interest in vintage quality clothing including flight jackets, leather and cloth utility jackets, dry denim and welted boots and shoes. I also love classic and contemporary rock music and I try to go to concerts as often as possible.
Some of you may already know me as I am a regular poster on the Fedora Lounge. Below you'll find a couple of pics of me showing off a couple of my jackets. I tend to buy from Aero exclusively as their jackets are truly excellent in all respects and they are willing to customize any jacket they are making. None of mine is an "off the rack" sample. Most of them are moderatly, some heavily customized.

It's good to be here!

Jan

3966372118_b0b059d2c1.jpg

3966327972_65c9fc5d94.jpg

3364573069_ee85d40126.jpg

2966070525_b988e909d9.jpg

2980678381_2173d2bc32.jpg

2966902892_282aed3235.jpg

JanSolo

Hi John,

thanks for the welcome! Third pic or third jacket? The third jacket is a shortened Cheyenne with Mariner pocket flaps, two piece back with curved yoke and single lower panel. It's a size 40 with a slimmed down pattern. The body length was shortened by 2 inches whereas 1 1/2 inches were added to the sleeves. The jacket is made from brown FQHH in a darker shade, lining is Aero's heavy brown cotton drill.

Cheers,

Jan

jack aranda

Hello, Jan:
I've enjoyed your posts at FL for some time. Welcome here; nice to have you with us. You and Aero have created some very cool jackets.

JanSolo

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

Jack: Thanks for your comment concerning my custom Aeros. But your latest aquisition (M422a) looks stunning too!! Great fit and superb goatskin!

havocpaul

Welcome from me too! Good to see Aero are able to custom make jackets like that, makes me want to sit down and design something!

Vcruiser

Nice Jan!
I too have followed your posts on the FL. Very informative and creative!
Good to have another utility jacket fan on the VLJ.
Welcome
Van