• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Lost Worlds Dubow

herk115

Folks,

I received today an excellent repro that is neither a Goodwear nor an Eastman :eek: and realizing that wearing something other than those two brand names may result in severe ostracization on this list, I nonetheless declare my joy in being the proud owner of a Lost Worlds Dubow that not only fits like a glove, but has "the look." Great hide, nice fit, lovely "creaky" sound, good texture. I found it on Ebay last week and paid the grand sum of $308 USD. I was very fortunate to find it and get it for such a great price (note: if the seller is a member of this list, thank you again!). Tag says 48 but it's more like a 44 Eastman RW 1401.

Photos are posted at the link below, and if anyone on this list knows how to make those pics appear on this page, I'd sure appreciate it if you could make that happen or explain to me yet again how to do it. It just seems not to work for me!
http://www.mojaveroads.com/A-2s%201.html

I can have better photos in a few weeks. I'm pretty much confined to a wheelchair right now with a broken foot, but I should be up and around again by the first of the month. I set my self timer and hobbled into the zone of focus just as the shutter tripped. Another question, and as my education is in photography I feel somewhat embarrassed asking, but how do you guys get such nice color in your jacket photos? This is actually an acceptable russet but looks very dark in these photos. These were taken with available light (mixture of incandescent and fluorescent), no flash, about 1600 ISO.

Cheerio!

a2jacketpatches

Here you are. Like those pocket flaps
LostWorlds3.jpg

LostWorlds2.jpg

LostWorlds1.jpg

Falcon_52

Sorry to hear about your foot. Thanks for taking the time to snap a couple of photos. It looks like you got a really good bargain and the fit looks very good. Hopefully you will be up and about again soon.

Noel

bseal

Having owned a Lost World's A-2, I would say your photos accurately reflect its true color. To my eye, it was a very dark russet, almost seal. Most of the photos on the LW website were under a heavy flash, thus lightening the color. Nice job and heal up soon.

jack aranda

That is a nice jacket. A good fit, comfortable without extra baggage. It looks good on ya. I hope the foot mends fast so you can get out and enjoy the jacket. Thanks for the pics.

FlyingYankee

Nice find, How did you break your foot? I broke mine falling off my roof and landing on concrete, I shattered three Meta tarsals. Just got my cast off.
Your jacket looks nice. You Don't hear too much about lost worlds on this forum and I don't know why

Roughwear

FlyingYankee said:
Nice find, How did you break your foot? I broke mine falling off my roof and landing on concrete, I shattered three Meta tarsals. Just got my cast off.
Your jacket looks nice. You Don't hear too much about lost worlds on this forum and I don't know why

I think part of the reason is the premier makers- GW and ELC and increasingly BK are considered to make more accurate repros and therefore get more attention here.

CBI

Agree with Andrew - the good news is that good deals can be had for what are still pretty nice jackets. Good catch.

I have seen a number of pretty nice LW, Aero and ELC's go for "cheap(ish)"

Get these while you can as prices will only continue to rise for the premium makers.

herk115

Roughwear said:
FlyingYankee said:

I think part of the reason is the premier makers- GW and ELC and increasingly BK are considered to make more accurate repros and therefore get more attention here.

Back in 1991 when I bought my first ELC, my second choice was the LW. That never materialized because it seemed as if LW fell off the map. I forgot about them until recently, thought I'd look into one, and suddenly there was this deal on Ebay.

I agree with you that an ELC or GW Dubow would probably be more accurate, but this one has "the look" and as you guys know, that is more important to me.

herk115

FlyingYankee said:

A bulldozer ran over me. It almost ran over ALL if me, but luckily I fell to one side and it got only my foot. All five bones broken, one crushed. Not fun. Doc says I'll be walking in about three weeks. Thanks all for the good wishes! :D

herk115

bseal said:
Having owned a Lost World's A-2, I would say your photos accurately reflect its true color. To my eye, it was a very dark russet, almost seal. Most of the photos on the LW website were under a heavy flash, thus lightening the color. Nice job and heal up soon.

No, these photos aren't right. It's definitely lighter than what you see, and more russet brown. Maybe I'll do some with the flash, but I never have good luck with that either.

FlyingYankee

Doc says I'll be walking in about three weeks.
Well not exactly, I think he means you will be on crutches. I,m on my third week now and I am just starting to feel better