• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New kid on the jacket making block- Mitchell Mfg

FlakMagnet

I just came across this on social media. A company in Germany producing/selling repro A-2’s, B3’s and G-1’s

Anyone here know much about these guys?

Enigma1938

Ok jackets, a few little details are wrong here and there. For my taste too pricey for what the jackets are, the B3 for example reaches out to ELC prices but has a wrong cut, wrong buckles, cheap zipper etc....

Bremspropeller

I want to say I've seen this dude wearing this jacket at Stearman & Friends back in July this year, but I'm not 100% sure.
The dude I remember was also eyeballing me, as I was wearing one of Pilot's Hartmanns. He left before I could ask him about his jacket.

1635171817060.png

The jacket looked quite well to me, walking by. Not sure if they're trying to build a specific contract.
The "Luftwaffe 1942" is interesting, even though it has similar drawbacks as the ELC version - mainly the body-length - with kind of defeats it's original sharpness in a way.

The Zippers they're using seem similar to those used by the "Messerschmitt" and "Arado" jackets that were sold several years ago at Original-Flightjacktes.com
They might not be orgasmic to the afficianado/ collector, but they certainly were very decent jackets, when I handled them. Certainly better than Noble House.

Last edited:

Bremspropeller

Well, that's not pretty difficult....

I think you do understand what I'm trying to say. Quality-wise, those jackets were very good. Maybe not quite up to die-hard afficianado accuracy requirements, but they worked very well as a themed jacket.
I should have bought the "Arado" back when I was in their shop, but I didn't have a deep enough wallet back then.

NH on the other side is way off the mark and they seem to not bother trying to update their jackets at all. Maybe they don't need to.