• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Jon Maguire Flight Jacket Book

A

Anonymous

CBI said:
It arrived today!!!! Great book - kind of a composite of his flight jacket books and silver pinks/greens books but all new stuff. A number of pilot groupings of awards, jacket, etc.

Wonderful -
Hi CBI any chance of some pictures of a couple of pages and what is the ISBN #

Many thanks Jeff

ties70

Just in this moment I am ordering the book from Barnes & Noble.....got a 20%-Off-Coupon in my emails this morning, so it is 67 USD incl. shipping to Germany.

Ties

rob75IT

Anybody receive the book yet? What do you think about it?
I got my a couple of days ago. When I opened it, I expected something different. After I begin to read it I wasn't disappointed at all.
Roberto

TankBuster

I think it's pretty good. There are some neat items featured. There are definitely
some nice jackets, as well as some other very nice items. It's worth a purchase.

dav3469

There is a mix, but this book is not really just a "Flight Jacket Book", much of the book is dedicated to kit belonging to individuals. So for example you get to see not only a particular flyers leather jacket, but his dress uniform, and other assorted items.

As an example one featured pilot was an American who was RAF, then later rejoined the U.S. Navy. His RAF uniforms as well as items from his U.S. Navy service are featured. There is a OSS man, and more. Just a great variety-including:

WWI wing collection
Vintage Post Cards
Nose Art/fabric from aircraft
AVG items
Awards, Ribbons, medals
PLUS the flight jackets, uniforms and related gear.

A very nice book, but in my mind not a A-Z reference type book that his others may seem to be.

TankBuster

bazelot said:
Are Navy jackets well represented or is it like his other books (mostly USAAF)?

Not much for Navy I hate to say! Mostly AAF when it comes to the flight jackets.
I agree that somebody should do a more in depth book on USN jackets, as well
as the named patched collectable ones. Get on it Tom! :lol: