• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New-in-box, 1985 USAF pilot's watch: GG-W-113, $2200

MaydayWei

Not related to seller.
A bit overpriced for the watch IMO, but maybe not for the watch + original box, papers, stickers etc.
A true collector's item, me thinks.

Link:

MaydayWei

Hi, It looks much like what was issued to my father during the Vietnam era.
Cheers, Dave

I believe your father's watch was a Benrus DTU-2A/P (Pilot's grade). Very similar indeed, with a few incredibly subtle differences in case design, the width of the numerals, movement, etc. etc.
A Vietnam era Benrus DTU-2A/P would be much, much harder to find in NOS condition!
Note also, these later 80s pilot's watches have the screw-on caseback, as opposed to earlier Vietnam-era single-piece case designs, Benrus or Hamilton.

War_Pigeon

Issued watches... a different time back then.

For all the hate I get, my Casio just simply won't die. I've made a vow to wear it til it does, so, may be here awhile.

Pilot

I believe your father's watch was a Benrus DTU-2A/P (Pilot's grade). Very similar indeed, with a few incredibly subtle differences in case design, the width of the numerals, movement, etc. etc.
A Vietnam era Benrus DTU-2A/P would be much, much harder to find in NOS condition!
Note also, these later 80s pilot's watches have the screw-on caseback, as opposed to earlier Vietnam-era single-piece case designs, Benrus or Hamilton.
AC712496-F8A8-4704-93E9-125A844FFC7E.jpeg
4BA4CA2B-D1BA-4F65-87FC-6DB9D415280A.jpeg
413B438E-F9C7-4FD1-B46B-8FB1DFC17B4C.jpeg