• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Horsehide at Goodwear

A

Anonymous

John's jackets certainly look great but IMVHO steerhide still makes the best looking period horsehide ! :eek:

In the first period photo John posted the jackets look steer to me :twisted:

J_H

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
JACKET_ HEAD said:
In the first period photo John posted the jackets look steer to me :twisted:

Oh great ..... now they're all going to start throwing things. :shock:

Dr H

Anybody have quick access to MALDI-ToF MS or DNA testing facilities? Incoming... :lol:

Chandler

JACKET_ HEAD said:
In the first period photo John posted the jackets look steer to me

Oh yeah, 'cause there's been so much success in telling the difference between horse and steer -- especially from pictures! :lol:

Besides, I was gonna say that the background jacket looked an awful lot like the grain on my G&B goatskin! :D

Chandler

buzzthetower

Administrator
I've always wanted a good scandal. We could call my new steerhide (that I'm calling horse)...

DaisyGate'09

Reign of Steeror V

Steerman Special

Dr. Oksen Von HydeBovine

Any ideas are welcome.

J

havocpaul

Oh no, an udder one of these cow/horse debates.....we need a detective to plan a steakout somewhere in downtown Moo York City or maybe in Secattle!

A

Anonymous

How about Rocking horse for a leather name and for the colors rare, medium rare ,well done and I hope you make a lot of
moo-neigh John .Also the rarest of makers should be produced a type A-2 Ducow

All the best Jeff

greyhound52

Jack,
Once you see John's jackets in person you will go nuts until you own one. It is part of John's evil plan to rule the jacket world hahahahahahah :twisted:

greyhound52

buzzthetower said:
I've always wanted a good scandal. We could call my new steerhide (that I'm calling horse)...

DaisyGate'09

Reign of Steeror V

Steerman Special

Dr. Oksen Von HydeBovine

Any ideas are welcome.

J

John how about "Rawhidesteer"

Oh dear, I stay away a little while and come back to find the Evil Dr. Chapman has even more devillish tricks up his sleeve! :lol:

Taking a page from Stuart Smalley, I need to keep saying, "My goatskin Dubow is good enough...it looks good, it feels good, and doggonit, people LIKE my goatskin Dubow." :D

CBI

My Aero 21996 in seal brown horsehide -the new stuff - will be arriving soon - can't wait!!! Will post pics.

bseal

Speaking of seal brown horsehide, take a look at the pictures of the new Ventura on the GW site.

CBI

yes, great looking jacket. Part of John's new California line. I think these will easily surpass the moto offerings by Aero. I know its not a contest but: "Go, John!"

CBI

New Horsehide at Goodwear - WOW!!!!!

Dear Friends:

My Goodwear Aero 21996 in seal brown horsehide arrived today. If you go to the Goodwear site, click “what’s new?”, go to “new horsehide has arrived” and look at the seal brown 21996 size 46, it’s the exact same jacket (used as a photo sample). The jacket is made with the new horsehide from Japan. I will post photos when I can but John’s photos give you perhaps the best view of this jacket. It’s my ninth Goodwear (currently I own four GW’s including this new one).

This jacket is easily the finest A-2 I have ever owned – and I have owned MANY A-2’s. In fact, it’s the finest, most well-made leather jacket I have ever owned. It’s just spectacular in every way. As anticipated, the new horsehide takes John’s work to an entirely new level (and the level was pretty darn high before this). As many of you know, I am a jacket painter and I can never keep my hands off of a jacket very long without wanting to add a little ageing, do the hot water treatment, etc. Of course, this jacket is brand new but I have no urge in any way to do anything to it but just wear the heck out of it (too bad its currently summer here with 100 plus temps!!!). I am completely smitten with the vintage look straight out of the box – a real rarity for me. The leather is shiny but certainly in line with many originals I have seen/owned. I love it - totally authentic but stands on its own as a contemporary jacket of which I have seen no finer.

The jacket looks new but looks old at the same time. The character of the leather is the most compelling I have ever seen. I still love my current Goodwears quite a bit, they are all different looking enough (one HH 21996 with the “old” HH, one seal brown goat 27753, one cow russet Dubow) but this new one is just wonderful.

If you have not taken the plunge, it’s totally worth it to order from John with the new horsehide. Sell a few jackets off if you need to, to pay for one of these – just great stuff!!!! I would rather have one of these than 5 lesser jackets! Don’t even bother with other makers, we have a new level here, completely worth every penny. I don’t want to get into which companies make better jackets, that’s old news, and to each his own - if by chance you buy one of these and you will see for yourself - WOW!!!!!!. Foreign buyers, worried about exchange rates and opting for Aeros and Eastman’s – save the extra pounds, euros, etc and order a Goodwear with this terrific new hide. No need to look on eBay for good deals on lesser jackets, one of these should take care of your habit for quite some time. Any contract, his new moto jackets, whatever - just experience the new leather.

I am 200% satisfied with this new 21996 – and with this hobby, that’s pretty rare for me.

By the way, if you have not noticed, John has listed completed jackets for sale (test jackets, etc.) on the Goodwear website (size 44/46/48) - VERY DANGEROUS!!!!!

(the 5 Goodwears I no longer own were a Werber russet "old" HH, russet goat Dubow, Russet goat 27753, russet cow 27753, Aero 18091 Bonanza Mesa cow russet - I sold four recently to fund a GW jacket(s) with the new HH). The fifth was sold about a year ago.)

Andrew

If we could only dredge up those posts from the old site- something about no repro would ever do it for me :lol:

Still, you make a compelling argument (i'm already completely biased) and i'll certainly be going down that road again sometime.