• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New GW '36 Werber

Jeff M

Just received this new '36 Werber from John.

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

John's light russet HH. His new knits in light brown. The pictures do not do it justice. Even my wife commented on how nice the jacket and leather are.
John has my fit nailed perfectly.

bretron

Really beautiful jacket, Jeff. Congrats on the early Xmas present!

(I really am the last to the party re this contract :lol: )

Jeff M

CBI said:
Looks great - that's John first "test" 36, right?

Nope. I believe mine has the same leather/knit combo though.
Actually this is his 3rd '36 Werber....with you having #2.
I think John still has the first.
He made some modifications between the "test" and our jackets. I thought the test looked killer too!

CBI

yes, same color/knits as the very first one. This is a great contract - enjoy!

saucerfiend

Geoffrey,
Looks great! Are the back shots with the jacket zipped? And yes, we'd love to see a wearing pic with the collar unsnapped and spread. Enjoy it, brother!

Brian

Jeff M

saucerfiend said:
Geoffrey,
Looks great! Are the back shots with the jacket zipped? And yes, we'd love to see a wearing pic with the collar unsnapped and spread. Enjoy it, brother!

Brian

I believe the back shots are with the zipper unzipped. I'll take some with and without later today.
And with the collar unsnapped.

HHjackets

Jeff M said:
Just received this new '36 Werber from John.

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

John's light russet HH. His new knits in light brown. The pictures do not do it justice. Even my wife commented on how nice the jacket and leather are.
John has my fit nailed perfectly.

to me it looks big on you, but as they say, if you are happy then that's what matters!

Jeff M

HHjackets said:
to me it looks big on you, but as they say, if you are happy then that's what matters!

Actually fits just the way I like.
I'm past the age where I want a slim torso hugging fit at the expense of comfort.
May not look it in the photo, but after 30 years of weight lifting I tend to be a bit on the large size when it comes to upper body..back, chest, shoulders and arms.
It can be hard to find an A2 maker/design that allows me the comfort I want across the top.

I've had a lot of experience with GW A2's. This is I believe my 12th....most bought used.
They all fit acceptably...some right on the money. This is one of the "right on the money" ones.

767fo

Jeff M said:
HHjackets said:

I'm past the age where I want a slim torso hugging fit at the expense of comfort.
May not look it in the photo, but after 30 years of weight lifting I tend to be a bit on the large size when it comes to upper body..back, chest, shoulders and arms.
It can be hard to find an A2 maker/design that allows me the comfort I want across the top.

I've had a lot of experience with GW A2's. This is I believe my 12th....most bought used.
They all fit acceptably...some right on the money. This is one of the "right on the money" ones.

That's the fit I will be going for. Great jacket Jeff!!!

watchmanjimg

Jeff M said:

Well said. If a slightly looser fit yields greater comfort then so be it. I think the jacket looks good as is, but once the leather starts to relax it should be like a second skin. Can't wait to get mine!

ButteMT61

It looks great, and you can tell (well, I could) that you're built more robustly. I find the "fit" thing funny because the jackets that I've posted pics of over the years get reviewed as such:

"Jacket looks awesome! Perfect fit!" = jacket is indeed slightly tight and not the most comfortable.

"Jacket looks a little big. Still looks good though!" = jacket feels great. I can wear it all day long without thinking about it.

Seems to me, the modern fashion trend is indeed "trim" or "skinny". I'm no longer carrying excess poundage, but I still find the "great-looking" fit a tad on the tight side. Fashion is indeed painful, so wear what feels good. And for the record, it's damn nice. I don't think you have any need to second guess it. Love this contract. Does anyone know if it can be done in seal, or is it strictly a russet contract?

Dr H

I think these early pre-war contracts seem to be russet Scott.
There might be darker early jackets lurking, but I've not seen them.

ButteMT61

Dr H said:

Cheers, Ian. Figured as much. Nothing wrong with it, but my newest is russet, and I LOVE JC's dark seal HH. Pondering a Cali Ventura now. Might need to have something a little dressier in the closet :)

Jeff M

ButteMT61 said:
Dr H said:

Cheers, Ian. Figured as much. Nothing wrong with it, but my newest is russet, and I LOVE JC's dark seal HH. Pondering a Cali Ventura now. Might need to have something a little dressier in the closet :)

I don't think John would have a problem using dark seal.