• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New GoodWear Dubow

sbsandy

Hi Folks
Just received my Dubow from John that was ordered last winter and all I can say is...WOW....His new leather is simply stunning.I can't keep my hands off of it. I am certainly no expert but I know something special when I see it. I have not owned that many A2's G.B. LostWorlds and couple of Willis Geiger they were all good in their own way but ,Johns jackets are SPECIAL!!! Oh i'm sorry I know i'm preaching to the choir can't help myself, Had to gush a little..

I would love to post some pictures just not sure how to do it. I can take pictures with my digital camera and download to my computer and thats as far as i can get..
If someone has the time and could walk me through it I would love to post some shots of this wonderful Jacket.

Thank You
Sandy

Cobblers161

Hey Sandy,

Open an account with Photobucket and you will be able to upload your images from your desktop to the photobucket site. From there each image is assigned an 'img', this will be found in a drop down menu when the cusror moves over the actual image. From there simply cut and paste the img link straight to your post.

Looking forward to seeing your shots.

Best,
Steve

sbsandy

[
034.jpg
jpg[/IMG]]http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy184/sbsandy/043.jpg[/IMG]

sbsandy

Oh well that did not work to well.. Back to the drawing boards..trying to upload pictures from photo bucket to website.. will try again.

Cobblers161

For reference, don't click on the 'Img' box when actually writing the post, just cut and paste from your photobucket link.

Gimme a pm if you like.

bfrench

Administrator
Hi, Guys,

Thanks for helping Sandy.

Where would we be without each other. :) :) :)

BTW - Sandy, that's a totally awesome jacket.

Bill French

better duck

Great jacket! I am anxiously awaiting mine, also a Dubow in the new HH, size 46. These pictures serve as great appetizers!
Congratulations on a great jacket!

Cobblers161

Very nice indeed Sandy. That's one helluva handsome jacket.

Soon as it rains slip your jacket on and stand out in the garden to the point your neighbours think you're slightly crackers then wear it till dry. The grain will just pop right up and the shine will fade a little.

Keep us posted on the progression.

sbsandy

Thanks for all the help! Still not quite sure how it's done?? will keep trying. I'm sure you know photo's are only half the story. this being my first jacket from John and after reading soooo many posts on this forum about his jackets my expectations were quite high.. I can say without hesitation everything posted about Johns work is very true.

Back to the jacket at hand ,photo's are great, BUT this Veg-Tan leather has to be seen up close and handled it has the most agreeable crinkle when worn not like the squeaking sound from a LostWorlds which is very annoying. The color of this leather is the best I have seen Deep reddish brown.. Again i'm sorry to keep gushing about Johns work, but I think anyone looking for an high end repo should keep GoodWear leather at the top of their list....

Cobbler 161 THANKS AGAIN for getting the photo's to work I really appreciate it. And all the kind reply's

Sandy

dujardin

hellooo,

splendid jacket, nice color.

i think as you, John is on the top of the list.

just by curiosity, will you intend to patch this jacket, if yes have you already an idea?

byebyeeeeeee marcel

eighty7h

Sandy. Great jacket. I am waiting for one now as well, a 21996. I think I am close as it was ordered in late March. Again, congratulations on a fine choice.

Mike

sbsandy

Hi Mike
All I can say is I think you will be very pleased..I could not be more happy..The only downside is the wait , but has been noted from other forum members it's well worth it. Will look forward to hearing about your jacket when it arrives..

You made the right choice!!!!!

Best Regards
Sandy

Chandler

sbsandy said:
One more thing about my Jacket is that I asked John for the smoothest leather he had....

It will be great to see it after some wear -- to see how the grain develops.

Chandler

bseal

Chandler said:
sbsandy said:
One more thing about my Jacket is that I asked John for the smoothest leather he had....

Chandler

Same manufacturer, same leather, approximately 10 hours of wear:

fae0c6fb-1.jpg

Andrew

bseal said:
Chandler said:
sbsandy said:

Chandler

Same manufacturer, same leather, approximately 10 hours of wear:

fae0c6fb-1.jpg

...is this is the sale sz48 RW?