• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Good Wear Dubow 20960 "Combat Clone"

watchmanjimg

Here's my new GW Dubow 20960 in cowhide with "Combat Clone" treatment to bring out the grain. However, I asked JC to leave out the heavy sanding as I felt this goes a bit too far for my liking. I'm very pleased with the finished product.

What do you guys think?

CBI

Looks good. hard to tell with your full body pics but I am sure its awesome!!!!

watchmanjimg

CBI said:
Looks good. hard to tell with your full body pics but I am sure its awesome!!!!

Thanks! My photographer insisted on taking them from a lower aspect but I think they capture the fit adequately. I'll try to get better ones up eventually.

saucerfiend

Wow! What an incredible jacket! John's treatment on that leather is just amazing. Sure looks like he nailed the fit as well. Wear it proudly!

Brian

bseal

The hue, not the pattern, reminds me of Lost Worlds russet horse. Dark cocoa. Tasty.

watchmanjimg

ButteMT61 said:
Which of his hides is that? Amazing jacket. Congrats - you'll only love it more over time!

Thanks for the kind words. This is actually John's dark seal cowhide (LCH104). The choice was inspired by Combat Clone #6. JC's pics appear below:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Combat_Clone_No6/

CC #6 shows a lot more sanding than my jacket, and I requested it this way. Having had #4 (Cooper) in my possession I felt the sanding was a bit extreme for my liking. My jacket is bursting with grain but retains its dark finish overall.

ButteMT61

watchmanjimg said:
ButteMT61 said:
Which of his hides is that? Amazing jacket. Congrats - you'll only love it more over time!

Thanks for the kind words. This is actually John's dark seal cowhide (LCH104). The choice was inspired by Combat Clone #6. JC's pics appear below:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Combat_Clone_No6/

CC #6 shows a lot more sanding than my jacket, and I requested it this way. Having had #4 (Cooper) in my possession I felt the sanding was a bit extreme for my liking. My jacket is bursting with grain but retains its dark finish overall.

Awesome. Love the cow...thanks for the info. Didn't think it was on the leather chart yet.

watchmanjimg

It was cool in Orlando this morning, so I took it out for a spin:

20141109_101232_zpsoqdfdjjp.jpg

Skip

The Lamborghini of jackets Sir, at least if it had a sound thats what it would sound like. sensational

watchmanjimg

Steve H said:
Sweet ride from JC, congrats! Also nice pinks- repop or orig? :cool:

Thanks! The pinks are original as well as the shirt, tie, and cap. I've been blessed with a large collection of WW2 uniforms in wearable sizes, particularly officer's. ;)