• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ELC 27752 size 40

bseal

I got to call a spade a spade here. Kudos to Gary and the team at ELC for a massive improvement on the 27752. Well done.

Grant

Sorry to disagree but to me the "time worn" abrasion finish looks heavy handed and unrealistic to my eye. The wear to the back panel looks specially overdone and artificial. The sixty five year old original next to the repro shows much less surface abrasion and still looks better. IMHO nothing looks more accurate than years of honest wear and tear to a jacket. It looks like ELC is using some really nice hides for their new 27752 - too bad they fucked it up with this process. Just my opinion!

Also, interesting detail, check out how full the sleeves are cut on the original 27752 compared to the repro in the one photo, a detail John Chapman captures on his reproduction.

Roughwear

I am wondering why this jacket is up for sale so soon. Could it be the overdone TW finish which as Grant says just does not look right? A GW version of this contract is both more accurate and will age nicely over the weeks, months and years of wearing it.

Persimmon

Why is he selling it ?
"PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM ELC A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND WORN ONCE "
If not wanted why not send it back to Eastman as the buy it now price was way less than its cost in Dollars.
Why lose money ?
Is it the time worn look that he does not like or just the jacket itself.
The hide looks good but its that damn Clown Collar that turns me off it.

nogbat

i have one the same and to be honest in the flesh it is good not like the cardboard time worn jackets of elc recently.. if any forumites are at duxford in july i will be wearing it... in my collection i also have a gw star a2 russet. :roll: my prize jacket :roll: the elc is a close 2nd to that .. it is imo the best they have done so far .. and the most expensive.. :x

CBI

I do like it, the overall look is very cool! Yes, collar, pocket spacing are questions but overall, I think its Eastman's best work thus far.

Persimmon

Hey John,
Just breaking away from the topic briefly the Bronco is on its way to be from Florida.
Should be here and on my back in a week.
Looking forward to it.
Will post pictures.
Sorry guys for the break from main topic