• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Eastman Time Worn HH Cable A2

Persimmon

Haven't you heard about the ultimate girls travel accessory - the Blow Up Man complete with all the extra's.
Now if you see near the Eastman factory a "handsome man" getting bigger and then later shrinking down a touch
depending on the jacket being worn you know what they are up to !!

unclegrumpy

Some years ago, I recall hearing about a fellow I seem to believe who was from California, that worked a deal with a large agricultural company to supply it's farm workers with clothing. The clothing he supplied them was reproduction denim and work wear, that he managed the washing and care of. At the time, it all went to Japan, and the exacting particulars of the wear and dirt in the denim was a big deal.

Given the current state of unemployment in the UK, I wonder if there might be some type of fancy Government jobs program Eastman could tap into. Breaking in jackets does not take much skill, and is something anyone could do. The only problem I see is that he might have to dump TW for "IW".... Immigrant Worn that is!

A

Anonymous

unclegrumpy said:
Given the current state of unemployment in the UK, I wonder if there might be some type of fancy Government jobs program Eastman could tap into. Breaking in jackets does not take much skill, and is something anyone could do. The only problem I see is that he might have to dump TW for "IW".... Immigrant Worn that is!

Sir, I object !!!! I'll have you know that I am an artist

Dave :lol:

unclegrumpy

JACKET-HEAD said:
Calm down old buddy, I am not implying that the outcome of a new government sanctioned aging process program will actually produce a better product than the sand paper that is currently being used or take your job away.

You know, this could be a very good thing for you. If the government starts to recognize what you do is art, then there would likely be an opportunity for you to land an upper level management position in the soon to be formed Ministry of Aging. Someone's got to take the lead on this, and it might as well be you Dave!

A

Anonymous

unclegrumpy said:
unclegrumpy said:
Calm down old buddy, I am not implying that the outcome of a new government sanctioned aging process program will actually produce a better product than the sand paper that is currently being used or take your job away.

You know, this could be a very good thing for you. If the government starts to recognize what you do is art, then there would likely be an opportunity for you to land an upper level management position in the soon to be formed Ministry of Aging. Someone's got to take the lead on this, and it might as well be you Dave!

Sorry Grumpy but you are missing the point. This is art. This is my life. Without this art I am nothing. The implication that what I do can be done by 'anyone' even immigrants is too much for my artistic tendancies to bear. I demand a duel. Chose your second and get him to contact mine. Pistols at dawn it is then. say goodbye to your loved ones !

THEN I'll go to the Arts Council and get a whopping great grant to further fund my art and research and buy flowers for your grave :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave

unclegrumpy

JACKET_ HEAD said:
I demand a duel. Chose your second and get him to contact mine. Pistols at dawn it is then. say goodbye to your loved ones !

THEN I'll go to the Arts Council and get a whopping great grant to further fund my art and research and buy flowers for your grave

Dave,

I am not exactly sure why you would want shoot at me for essentially agreeing with you on all counts, and for thinking so highly of your talents to suggest that you would be a good fit for an upper level government job. I hate to say this, but your contrary position on this matter only reenforces my opinion that you would be well suited for high level government work.

Also, I am not so sure you would prevail in a duel..... noted artist types, such as yourself, are often high strung and very temperamental. Another irrational burst of emotion might permanently effect your ability to aim properly. I wouldn't want to use this fact to my advantage, as it just would not be fair!

Plus, I wouldn't have any government grant money to buy your flowers. I cannot afford much more than a couple of pansies for your grave....and that my friend, would not be proper for an official of your great stature or an artist of your prominence. Sorry!

Humbly yours,

Grumpy

havocpaul

I believe it is done by hand, massaging/twisting/kneeding the areas and I expect the 'sanding' is done using a type of stone that is supplied to dry cleaners etc for distressing denim, I have one and have used it on leather with excellent results so long as it's not over-done and care is taken in only rubbing areas that would have excessive wear on a true original.