• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Cable pattern

fishmeok

Here's some pics of a Cable pattern test jacket I finished last week. It's made out of veg-tanned goatskin with a cotton lining and a Conmar zip with a Crown puller. John was a tremendous help as always with the patterning and specifics. So far I have tried my hand at a Doniger, and Aero, and a Cable- it's amazing to me how different each pattern is- if it wasn't for the same elements you would never know these are supposed to be the same jackets.

The fit is roomier in the body and shoulders than the Doniger, but not as fitted and with a little less reach (Doniger sleeves are inset and rotated slightly forward while the Cable sleeves are not.)

Cheers
Mark

0255.jpg

0294.jpg

0196.jpg

0088.jpg

0178.jpg

0105.jpg

0024.jpg

0038.jpg

0067.jpg

jack aranda

Nice, Mark. This and the Aero you have up currently are splendid jackets. I am proud to have two from your 'stable'.

ausreenactor

So where do you source your hides from? Have your prices risen in line with the 'big' players, or are you able to acquire your materials at a fair price?

The jackets you are producing are VERY impressive. The Aero is amazing and I can not fathom how it has not sold yet?

Keep up the grand efforts..

Couchy

dmar836

I think you've hit the mark! Fascinating quality. John sure is generous but has created a monster!
Your skills have come very quickly but we all know not without a lot of work and study.
I think this is my favorite yet. Please keep at it!
Dave

ButteMT61

Dr H said:
They look like the earlier (finer weave) knits IMO.

Ian, they do look like the knits on my GW A-1 from a few years back, hence the question. But I guess JC uses different ones now, correct?

Dr H

Yes, these are like the knits on my older GW Doniger A-2 (long gone). JC uses RMNZ knits now, but personally I prefer the older thinner knits (closer to originals IMO)...

Roughwear

Mark you have replicated the Cable pattern very well indeed. The goatskin is spot on and the jacket drapes exactly like a Cable should. I'm sure John could supply you with a 42-10008-P label. :)

fishmeok

Thanks for the feedback- I really do enjoy making A-2's, and the new patterns are fun to try. John suggested the Cable as it is a solid higher quality jacket that uses more common hardware (ring snaps, etc). I have been wearing it a bit (still too warm out here) and really like how comfortable it is in the chest and shoulders.

Once again I have to sing the praises of John Chapman. I would not be where I am today without his advice, help, and astonishing generosity.

Clark- sending you a PM- you working this weekend?

Chris- do you want an A-2 or an A-1? Make up your mind.

Cheers
Mark

Tariacuri

What sort of question is that? Both of course!!

fishmeok said:
Thanks for the feedback- I really do enjoy making A-2's, and the new patterns are fun to try. John suggested the Cable as it is a solid higher quality jacket that uses more common hardware (ring snaps, etc). I have been wearing it a bit (still too warm out here) and really like how comfortable it is in the chest and shoulders.

Once again I have to sing the praises of John Chapman. I would not be where I am today without his advice, help, and astonishing generosity.

Clark- sending you a PM- you working this weekend?

Chris- do you want an A-2 or an A-1? Make up your mind.

Cheers
Mark