• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New BK Dubow

CryptoDave

I just received my new Dubow 1755 in Dark Seal, size 40 from Bill Kelso Mfg.

They were great and the jacket feels good. There definitely is enough room to wear a sweater, but nothing too heavy.

For those with experience with this jacket, do they stretch as you break them in across the back along the shoulders?

Here are some pics, let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

DubowFront_zpsb984d2da.jpg

DubowBack_zpse8bc4475.jpg

DubowSide_zps2a05b9e2.jpg

DubowOpen_zps3b0bfea7.jpg

SuinBruin

Fits you very well except for the sleeves; I'd consider having them shortened unless you don't mind the "tunneled" look. You'll see period photos of tunneled sleeves so it's not "inaccurate" fit wise, more of a personal preference.

ausreenactor

G'day!

Jacket looks good. How is the grain? I think BK are getting their hands on some impressive hides.

Couchy

CryptoDave

The grain is very good. I was extremely impressed. Im no expert as are others here, but this jacket is impressive to the touch. Not too heavy and not too light.

Dave

CryptoDave

SuinBruin said:
Fits you very well except for the sleeves; I'd consider having them shortened unless you don't mind the "tunneled" look. You'll see period photos of tunneled sleeves so it's not "inaccurate" fit wise, more of a personal preference.

I actually like the sleeve length. Tunneling effect doesn't bother me at all.

Dave

stevetfire

Now that is very nice Dave , Colour and hide look fantastic , well done to BK , very impressive indeed I think its going to develop some great character with wear....and the fit looks spot on I'd say ,...the sleeves will gain creases with wear also so I reckon they are good were they are ....( each to their own of course)
Thanks Dave Great pics :)

ButteMT61

Yep, that's a great looking jacket from here. Enjoy it - you got room for a good work shirt under and that's a nice option as the A-2 isn't warm on it's own.

dmar836

Looks good to me as well, Dave. To answer your question, without a bi-swing back, few jackets I have worn actually stretch across the shoulders and back. Those not used to the classic A-2 fit are often baffled by this binding feeling. It's an acquired taste but it is the way they are supposed to feel. The longer sleeves will help keep them from creeping up when you raise your arms. Softer, authentic("high fat content") hides likely decrease this feeling but there are few able to source original style HH IMO.
Keep us updated as to how it breaks in for you.
Dave

dadgad

I don't want to talk about the hide because I can't touch and "live" it but at a first glance I would prefer more tapered sleeves and the pockets and waistband, they look just HUGE!

My feelings.

ausreenactor

I think there could be a proportion issue with knits in comparison from size to size. A 46 or 48 uses more hide and creates the illusion of a smaller knit. There would certainly be scope to sew more knit into the body during manufacture. With a red knit you have to go LOUD anyway!!

Couchy

FlyingYankee

Nice jacket, As far as stretch goes I prefer to wear them in the rain while doing some kind of manual labor, bending, reaching and stretching then keep the jacket on the rest of the day until dry and they will stretch a little.

Hobbstc

Looks great! Can't wait to get mine, it's exactly the same but size 44 so we can compare knit sizes. How long did it take to get to you? Mines been in transit to Florida for 12 days now.

CryptoDave

Hobbstc said:
Looks great! Can't wait to get mine, it's exactly the same but size 44 so we can compare knit sizes. How long did it take to get to you? Mines been in transit to Florida for 12 days now.

From the time they shipped it took about 12 days, and that was to NJ after the Hurricane!

Dave

CryptoDave

Next Up will be a new Aces High Irvin and Lost Worlds Black Leather Peacoat. Will post pics as soon as they arrive.

Dave

A

Anonymous

Nice, it looks good on you.
About the length of sleeves, this is the standard length for this size as per Dubow pattern.
Unlike other makers BK gives the measurements to customers who ask.
Anyone who feels the sleeves could be shorter or longer than what he needs he can ask for alteration.
Alteration is for free.