• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

new baby arrived today - ELC Gordon&Ferguson contract M422a

Griffon_301

Happy camper here!

I got my "new" (well second hand but hardly ever worn) ELC Gordon & Ferguson M-442a delivered today...
stunning jacket all around!
the leather seems to be a bit thinner than on my ELC G-1 and the M-422a seems to be a bit lighter due to that;
I had to take the 46L as I was out for a M-422a and this one popped up at the classifieds section over at ELC a few days ago; price was right, size also so I dropped the hammer on it...I do not mind that it is a 46L and therefor a tad bit longer than a standard 46, I feel well with it and can move around easily; it just needs some breaking in done...now where is the rain :D

so another example to add to my collection of USN jackets :D

Attachments

Pilot

Congrats! saw in in the Bay...very nice, very well made...bravo! Glückwunsch und frohe Ostern! Congrats and happy Easter.

Griffon_301

Oh, Did not know that...well it really is a great jacket and I am looking forward to give it much wear time in the future, even if its more 37J1 temperatures here currently...may I ask why did you part with the jacket?

MeachamLake

It’s a seriously gorgeous jacket but I only have room for so many of them - I decided to move it on to get the cash! I prefer the fit of an A2 on the whole and put the money towards a new ELC Rough Wear.

Griffon_301

Ah I see :) I have tried quite a few A-2s over the years (a Real McCoys and a ELC Roughwear only recently whilst visiting London) but I feel the opposite...I prefer the G-1/M-422a. Strangely also, the A-2s I tried fitted better in size 44...

Griffon_301

Yes...the jacket is basically new! It will need some wear and tear and I am confident that I will be able to provide that

And as requested...here is a picture of the label...

Attachments

wittmann

I have owned a ELC M422A 15 years ago, I have to say it's great jacket which ELC made. The goatskin was thick and so robust with beautiful grain, the pattern seems also correct, it was made better than ELC other A-2 jacket, almost perfect, the only issue is the letters on its label, maybe someone has noticed:

original is "BuAero. - U.S.NAVY" and "NO.NOs 416-A", ELC is "BuAero -U.S.NAVY" without point after BuAero, ""NO.NOs416-A" without space between NOs and 416-A.

Apparently ELC didn't reproduce the label carefully and exactly, this issue has existed for over 20 years and was not improved till now, I don't understand such big company like ELC made such stupid mistake on their jacket for so many years, maybe they haven't found it themselves and never got feedback from customers.

Last edited: