• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aviator half belt pattern

fishmeok

Here's a couple of test jackets for a new pattern I made, taken from a period original. I especially like the three mini pleats on the back. Both of the below are 42's and for sale.

More info here:
http://superiorjackets.com/?p=1112

Cheers
Mark

IMG_6461.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

A

Anonymous

Nice jackets!!!

What have you done to your face? It changed!!!

jack aranda

Hi, Mark. As usual, great work; the 'fall' of the collar on the goatskin especially is really nice. It looks like jacket lining material poking out from under the epaulette--is that right, or a trick of the camera? Someone else, maybe on the FL commented on the contrasting stitch color on the goatskin. Great touch. Always a treat looking at your handiwork. Thanks. :cool:

fishmeok

Thanks- I really like the goat too, it makes an impressive jacket. The bottom of the lapel uses the lining material, a detail I picked up from the original. Both of these are slightly different, the goat was the first try, Horse the second. Pattern is finalized now.

The contrasting stiching is nerve wracking- it shows up any deviation, no matter how slight...

Cheers
Mark