New Aero B-10

Discussion in 'Repros' started by Tommy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Hopefully this works:

[​IMG]

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Just saw this one...
    How old is this Aero B-10 repro?...nice jacket though...looks very well made....sure it is...
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Aero-Leathe...430513?hash=item2aa2c4c371:g:nhIAAOSwoFVafCkh

3. Obscurator

Obscurator Member

4. Ken at Aero Leather

Ken at Aero Leather Well-Known Member

5. ButteMT61

ButteMT61 Well-Known Member

@Ken at Aero Leather - the green shell you guys use is very green compared to most I see. I know ZERO about this jacket, so I'm wondering what the story is on the shell colors for B-10's in general?
    Also, that jacket above is lovely, is it pretty much the design we're talking about here on the new ones?

Cheers

6. Ken at Aero Leather

What can I add.............................There are plenty of pics showing B-10s in darkish green very similar to the ones Aero offer at the moment, quite a few on this thread, I've seen originals in a lot of different shade s of green.

I do think there is a school of thought on VLJ that, if it’s not the very pale shade used by ELC/McCoy/ BR et alia, then it “can’t be correct”

Every WW2 era pic posted of a dark green B-10 on this thread has been accused of having being “photo enhanced“…

7. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Well-Known Member

I think that is one of the new ones. But I am just guessing based on the color and look of newness. If so, the seller is probably a member here because they were offered to this forum recently, one in each size.

There are plenty of surviving originals . Some of the Darker ones should exist unless they have all faded to a lighter color by now. I imagine there was a range of green used depending on the manufacturer. As an example, look at the different shades of brown used for the 1930's-1940's A-2 jackets.

Regards,
    Jay

8. Ken at Aero Leather

Yes, the pic at the start of the thread is the size 40" from this short run

9. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

Ken, what about the eBay one ? Is it one of the new run ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

10. Obscurator

Obscurator Member

I see the Aero B10 on eBay, to which I posted a link, didn't get any bids when it closed Saturday evening. However, it's relisted with one bid.

It's a very handsome jacket, and I was sorely tempted. Unfortunately, I don't think I could slide a second B10 within 4 weeks past "her indoors".

I'd definitely be interested in one of these if they come available from Aero, however. I think the darker green would make for a jacket less prone to showing the stains, canteen medals and other blots, for which I seem to provide a magnetic attraction.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Pilot likes this.
  11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I love the “ canteen medals.....” very well phrased !

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  12. Tommy

Tommy Active Member

It's not, because I've taken the 42. Plus if you read the listing, its from a few years back.

Had some correspondence from Aero this morning, so it's progressing (after them having to wait for me to stop being so indecisive and also having been a bit out of it with influenza)!

Smithy and Cocker like this.
  13. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

I briefly talked with Ken by email last week-end, seems the shoulder roundel has arrived and my B-10 is scheduled to arrive mid-april. Can't wait!

Smithy and Tommy like this.
  14. MeachamLake

MeachamLake Active Member

Sadly I had to cancel my order for the pre-production B-10 - it was money that reluctantly had to go towards the costs of a new car.

I will definitely order one when they become available later this year though, and I'm excited to see what everyone's look like!

15. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

So the insurance didn't cover for the loss??

16. MeachamLake

The insurance did cover the cost, but because nobody "caused" the accident - i.e. there's nobody else to recover costs from - the insurance company deem it to be your fault, so you have to pay your excess anyway! Plus I had to pay a cancellation fee for the insurance...swines!

Not to worry though, everything else is going smoothly and we are going to pick up a new car on Thursday. Building work progressing well too!

17. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

This is totally disgusting... It's good to see you're taking it on the bright side, though. Not sure I could do the same!

18. Obscurator

Obscurator Member

I see the Aero B10 (size 42) sold yesterday on eBay for what struck me as being a very reasonable amount. I reckon someone's got a very nice jacket.

I really must work on a method of smuggling acquisitions into the household, past a pair of beady (female) eyes.

19. MeachamLake

Did anybody get their B-10 yet? Eager to see what they look like! Looking forward to placing an order for one later in the year...

20. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

Patiently waiting! :cool: