• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New A/W Buzz Rickson catalogue

johnwayne

Just had ELC email announcing new catalogue and showing a few bits like a beautiful American Sportswear AN6552 at £1099! Nice but might just go for the catalogue at £5!!

D97x7

I received the same so I clicked on the frogskin shirt just to see how much it'd gone up, to my surprise it's cheaper than the Eastman version, I'm sure there's was £375 the last time I looked. I still won't be buying one though.

Griffon_301

For guys wanting the catalogue, I do have a pdf .... Alternatively the Japanese BR site has the catalogue up and viewable too....
But of course I will dish out the 5 GBP for a hardcopy as well,...
As for the collection, a little underwhelming this season I have to say....

Chandler

I bought the only size 44 Tanker they brought in (I think). I buy one (occasionally two) most years and seem to get the only ones they bring in every October.
So let me get this straight, you buy one or 2 jackets from BR per year, at $580 each (approx.)?

Life must be good.

And just what are you using these jackets for that you need a new one (or two) each year?

Continuous undercarriage work on a tractor trailer?

ausreenactor

So let me get this straight, you buy one or 2 jackets from BR per year, at $580 each (approx.)?

Life must be good.

And just what are you using these jackets for that you need a new one (or two) each year?

Continuous undercarriage work on a tractor trailer?

Not saying a word. Between jackets and guns I am $1000 a month poorer... will taper off as Christmas approaches.

Griffon_301

I get two jackets a year now too most of the times;
admitted I do not get A-2s or equivalent jackets, but I nibble away at the borders of what BR offers - Tropical Combat Shirts, HBT stuff, CPO Shirts, Sweaters, T-Shirts and the like, with the odd jacket in between too;
they have very nice L-2s for example, of which I have two now, their 37J1 is a very nice reproduction, as are their deck jackets;
it needn´t always be A-2s or leather jackets, there is some nice other stuff out there too that makes this hobby so interesting for me :)

Chandler

This is probably more appropriate for a separate thread, so I won't drag it on, but I just don't have that sort of liquid spending cash.

Even when I was working and could build my collection of jackets, artwork, collectibles (and firearms -- note I refrained from using "amass"), I couldn't (wouldn't) spend $1,000 a month.

I guess it's a cross between envy and amazement, but I also can't complain about life -- I don't want for much.

FlakMagnet